Notices

Closed Thread
wjanowski, thanks. The only thing different now is my wifi connection is off since I'm at work. Maybe there's a connection.

Posts: 136 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Lafayette, LA
Originally Posted by MikeL View Post
It has been suggested by the Canola team that those familiar with IRC should join Freenode and #canola and then user thoughts can be immediately digested by the team.

For IRC I am using xchat2 on my XP PC and found it very easy to get up and running.

A beta of xchat is also available for the N800 and chinook which seems to work well, download here
Also, if you are using firefox, you can get the Chatzilla add-on which lets you do IRC right in your browser.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/16

If anyone was playing around with the Python EFL bindings and whatnot before trying to install the new Canola, do be aware that there may be package conflicts between 'python-efl-core' and 'python2.5-efl-core', and removing 'python-efl-core' before installing Canola may save you a lot of headache. :P

The Following User Says Thank You to GreySim For This Useful Post:
I keep getting a connection fail... blah. guess its an issue with the server.... hope it works

How does Canola know which media player to use? is a media player included in the app?

I have not installed mplayer on my N810. Is Canoloa dependant on Mplayer to be able to play my video clips, or dies the media player com bundled with it ?

Same question as above poster essentially from me too...

Anyone got cover art to load yet? I can't figure out what format it's looking for?

Posts: 472 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Texas
I'm still astonished you fellas have it installed. Actually, I'm less astonished and more honestly not believing that anyone *really* has this installed. I've been sitting here trying with a device fresh from the OS install and can't get through the 9.32MB download.

No sorry, even though I asked a question about Mplayer being bundled or no, I still haven't been able to download Canola, let alone install it. I am using my BT connection they my data plan, and the downloading just sits there a 0 level. No progress.

Can some kind soul please put up their downloaded copy somewhere faster for all of us anxious, parched and pleading-on-our-knees-for-help, kindred souls ?

Originally Posted by rcadden View Post
I'm still astonished you fellas have it installed. Actually, I'm less astonished and more honestly not believing that anyone *really* has this installed. I've been sitting here trying with a device fresh from the OS install and can't get through the 9.32MB download.
Hang on there. On the Application manager in the calatogue, Canola2 says 6.something MB install.

Where are you getting the 9.32 install download figure from ?

Closed Thread