Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
All of these multiple "sources" just point back to Eldar, who is an idiot.

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by cfh11 View Post
All of these multiple "sources" just point back to Eldar, who is an idiot.
Man, I wish Eldar was here himself to respond. I would like to imagine his response would be something like:

"No, you are, poopyhead!"
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Dont blame eldar. Dont hate the player, hate the game. I think we should have more leaks. Often, I don't care if the leak is real or not. Since noone here have any good information and all poeple just assume. If we removed all the things that builds on fake or no intel at all. We might have around one post per hour if we are lucky.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Dont blame eldar. Dont hate the player, hate the game. I think we should have more leaks. Often, I don't care if the leak is real or not. Since noone here have any good information and all poeple just assume. If we removed all the things that builds on fake or no intel at all. We might have around one post per hour if we are lucky.
What? Nokia communicate with customers? YOU BLASPHEME!!!
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by ericsson View Post
The point here is that Samsung made Bada out of nowhere in less than a year.
Well, Samsung made Bada out of nowhere in less than a year as Intel made the MeeGo netbook edition out of nowhere in three months -> i.e. it didn't. Bada includes a lot of previous Samsung developments, Bada was just the moniker/rebrand around the major platform overhaul.

It has already outsold Maemo by a factor of 10 at least.
Bada's target audience is not that of Maemo's, nor is there a technical equivalence. If you want to talk Bada, you would have to compare it to Qt, as it's more of an API level thing, and I'm pretty sure Qt-enabled devices have outsold Bada by a factor of 10

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Nokia's next phones will run IOS.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
A leak that is made up isn't a leak it is just bollocks.

There's nothing wrong with making **** up, I enjoy reading fiction, I just want it to be published as such and not presented as fact.

And don't worry about lack of posts there'll always be plenty of posts about how Nokia has let us down, by not providing Flash 10, Ovi Maps with voice navigation, a decent email client, MMS, 3G video calls, etc. And don't forget the perpetual "when is PR1.4 coming" threads which will probably still be being created in 2020.

The Following User Says Thank You to retsaw For This Useful Post:
I think rumor about WP7 on Nokias is pure BS. But I can imagine MS went to Nokia for help to design handset for MS or maybe even produce reference model as part of some deal - MSOffice on Qt?

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
What? Nokia communicate with customers? YOU BLASPHEME!!!
If the Android and Window Phone 7 rumors are all false, and if Nokia did step up communication in response to them, would that prove entertaining or just monotonous?

Originally Posted by Fictional Official Nokia Blog
We're Committed to Qt, Symbian, and MeeGo, part 258
Posted at 20:14 UTC on 28 December 2010 by Nokia
In response to the Unwired View article, "New Nokia Windows Phone 7 concept – would you buy this?", Nokia is publicly reaffirming our commitment to Symbian and MeeGo with Qt as the sole application development framework for both platforms. Nokia is focusing on Qt as a robust, tried and tested framework that unlocks the hardware, software and service capabilities of the existing Nokia smartphone range as well as creating huge opportunities for future Symbian and MeeGo products. Nokia is committed to Qt, Symbian, and MeeGo and will not be producing Windows Phone 7 phones.
Comment (26) | Trackback | Permalink

We're Committed to Qt, Symbian, and MeeGo, part 246
Posted at 12:32 UTC on 20 December 2010 by Nokia
In response to the MobileCrunch article, "Rumor: Nokia To Adopt Windows Phone 7", Nokia is publicly reaffirming our commitment to Symbian and MeeGo with Qt as the sole application development framework for both platforms. Nokia is focusing on Qt as a robust, tried and tested framework that unlocks the hardware, software and service capabilities of the existing Nokia smartphone range as well as creating huge opportunities for future Symbian and MeeGo products. Nokia is committed to Qt, Symbian, and MeeGo and will not be producing Windows Phone 7 phones.
Comment (114) | Trackback | Permalink

We're Committed to Qt, Symbian, and MeeGo, part 223
Posted at 19:03 UTC on 8 December 2010 by Nokia
In response to the Computerworld article, "Google hopeful that Android will run Nokia smartphones", Nokia is publicly reaffirming our commitment to Symbian and MeeGo with Qt as the sole application development framework for both platforms. Nokia is focusing on Qt as a robust, tried and tested framework that unlocks the hardware, software and service capabilities of the existing Nokia smartphone range as well as creating huge opportunities for future Symbian and MeeGo products. Nokia is committed to Qt, Symbian, and MeeGo and will not be producing Android phones.
Comment (57) | Trackback | Permalink

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:

Tags
armageddon, circle jerk, going down, horoscope, internet eldars, mental jerk off, nokia of borg, phone different, rumors, unfounded