Active Topics

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
By the look of the watchers on this thread it is so clear that the intergration between Nokia and Windows is so interesting and not suprisingly.

I wonder just how long it would take for Maemo and Meego to be forgotten about when a mobile windows OS becomes available for the N900.

This could be it folks the way forward for the dwaining N900.

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by petur View Post
Bye Bye Qt
I guess it is time to learn java :/
The reason QT sucks is simply down to lack of teamwork and the ability to work with Linux so yes i agree.

Elop has read his Sway. It seems to me that he has the guts to call off something that doesn't seem to deliver. 10 years of investments to a platform that's not working is insanity. And it would be worse if the already spent money was an excuse to spend more.

Now we can only hope his estimates are right.

The Following User Says Thank You to demos For This Useful Post:
the best thing Nokia can do now is to completely open source everything on the N900 and let the community take over. sigh...can we lobby for this?

The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to droll For This Useful Post:
So, let me get this straight........................A year ago Nokia had a fully functional OS in Maemo 5. Granted, there was plenty of room for improvement, but it was still a very solid starting point.

They kill it dead, throw it on the scrap heap, and begin developing a brand new one from scratch.

A year goes by........................

The first and only, half-assed Meego device that Nokia will produce is still, what?..................... at least 6 months away? It will be interesting but will get no support and largely be ignored by Nokia like the N900. But sh*t, you spent all this time and money working on it, you got to throw something out there right?

How long does it take Nokia to build a phone for it's new golden boy? With the way things move at Nokia I would be shocked if a WP7 device shipped before the end of the year, am I crazy?

So what exactly has Nokia accomplished? How is this even a short term solution? It will still be month after month of Nokia falling behind in the smartphone world.

Only hope they have of being a factor in smartphones in the future if they can whip up this WP7 device in record time. Who's going to care about a Nokia WP7 device 8 months from now? Who will even remember this happened by the time it comes out?

Killing Maemo will go down as being the dumbest mistake in the history of Nokia.

The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Bill Braski For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by jhb View Post
Meego continues as vaporvare:

http://www.engadget.com/2011/02/11/n...ing-this-year/
Yeah right how long would that be.

People starts to not understand this is the facts:

Do you really believe App Developers would continue to create proffesionell QT apps for s^3 and Meego now when Nokia going WP7?

With no apps == no phones from nokia based on Meego

simples is that.

My guess is that this group decide to go WebOS or ANdroid with todays shitty announcemnt from idiot Elop and the rest or peace of crap leadership inside Nokia.

The fail was for two years ago they should have listened to people behind Maemo instead of continue with Symbian now its damn too late :-( :-(

Posts: 129 | Thanked: 321 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Finland (Turku)
Nokia stock is falling, - 10 per cent right now. Same thing is happening to all Finnish IT companies. There is a small panic going on in the Finnish market at the moment.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Stonik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 193 | Thanked: 104 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Romania
if so, then I will buy another N900 for the time my present one will stop exist due to several possible causes: theft, broken device, etc...
best phone ever used...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gorgezilla For This Useful Post:
****ing hilarious

Cynical posters accused of spreading FUD when - 1

TMO Nokia could do no wrong Meego fanboy armchair analysts - 0

Let the tears flow

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frappacino For This Useful Post:
I guess my next phone will be Android then. Does HTC have anything new coming?

The Following 33 Users Say Thank You to zimon For This Useful Post:

Tags
bye-nokia, i don't even, just shoot him, just shoot me, let's elope, lockdown, meego?fail, negatron dan, nokia defiled, nokia suicide, sell tulips, step 8 out of 5, the-end?, www.elop.org