Notices

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Under Configuration Manager, I added "CP 437" as a new character encoding.

However, going back to read what it says in Xterm, since that's what I'm using to get to Roxterm, I get this following error...

GLIB WARNING ** default - Unable to convert characters from UTF-8 to CP 437.

I've tried using lowercase "cp 437" and I receive the same error.

Is it not possible to add a new character encoding or am I doing something wrong on this?

Someone please write a response.

Thanks!

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Bump. I hildonised it.

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
Just intalled Roxterm. I guess I was expecting a Hyperterminal replacement. Can I use to upload bin files to a device?

Hi! I'm using version 1.13.5 and there is little trouble: when I push button that switches running programs, garbage simbols outputs, ~ or 'F5' when typing in Vim.
Thanks

Originally Posted by shanti View Post
Hi! I'm using version 1.13.5 and there is little trouble: when I push button that switches running programs, garbage simbols outputs, ~ or 'F5' when typing in Vim.
Thanks
Just to confirm, I also have the same problem with any of the "special" keys. It would appear that they are generating escape sequences for function keys instead of doing what they usually do (maximise, zoom in/out) except that the home menu does appear for that particular key.

It didn't behave like this initially so something along the way as reconfigured the system. I should reboot to see if that fixes the problem but I hate doing that...

For me, it's not a big deal as I tend to stay in roxterm the whole time (running emacs).

On a different note, I switched to roxterm from osso-xterm primarily because it takes up less screen space (the line with "Tab Esc ..." that osso-xterm displays). On the N810, there is still the line at the bottom of the screen that appears whenever the slider keyboard is used, the line that displays the current state (abc, Abc, Fn, etc.). Can this be disabled in any way? I would like to have the full screen devoted to roxterm.

Thanks,
eric