Notices

Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
Ööööö, change (How? With leafpad?) in debbie and debbie-sue files (What files? Where?). I mean the construction of linux aplications and where all the files are spread in the terminal landscape are not known to me. But thanks for helping.

I was just thinking myself that I have given with chown -R user:users rights to chromium in the /home/user/.config. Should I give some otherway rights to chromium (chmod) or give other rights or something? Now the normal user can write through LXDE and have access to /home/MyDocs but not outside LXDE. On easy debbie instructions there are a lot of text which could possibly help but when one does not understand...

Last edited by Maemish; 2019-02-25 at 09:10.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 391 | Thanked: 908 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ suncity
Well, leafpad could be a solution for that...
So you wrote that you launch commands: debbie and debbie-sue. These are the files that maybe needed to be modified. To be able to modify them you most probably will need root access.
The easiest way to find these files if you search for them for example with the following command:
Code:
sudo find / -name "*debbie*"
This will spit you the path to the files.

You can change rights of course (chown is enough I think) but for me it would require many modifications and I do not know exactly what other files it would want to write so for me root access is best on kali because it solves a lot of things for me but need extra caution. Quid pro quo...

Edit:// It is nice to see that on other languages then mine the "öööööööö" is a very valid expression...

The Following User Says Thank You to justmemory For This Useful Post:
If you havent already tried, you can try the simple keyboard focus fix for bluemaemo from http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=453
to narrow it down

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pythoneye2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 915 | Thanked: 3,209 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Germany
Try, if you can set the keyboard focus to the Chromium window via wmctrl! [1]
I fear however, that it won't work in this case. [2]

As for the "Aw, snap" problem, I believe this happens when Chromium runs out of RAM.

[1] https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.ph...54#post1462554
[2] https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.ph...88#post1538288

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sulu For This Useful Post:
THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! @pythoneye2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Both keyboard works and have also access to MyDocs in window mode which is a must mode.

Just sent a picture with whatsapp to my friends!

Edit: The shutdown button trick has to be done each time you access debian if you have switches to Hildon side.
Attached Images

Last edited by Maemish; 2019-02-25 at 11:13.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
So I got also Instagram to work on chromium 57.
Attached Images

First I tried to use desktop instagram but for that I needed to subscribe into google account in chromium. As settings I made that don't save anything for syncing. The desktop instagram didn't work so I wanted to unsubscribe from google account. It has a checkbox do I wan't to save synced information. I think I have made the same mistake with some other device. I thought do I wan't google remembers in cloud the saved information and I do not. But what it means that if you don't keep the information it wipes everything from your browser: extensions, settings, bookmars, and it seems something from the device too. Now in a position I have to probably flash my device if the backup I made with good settings won't help. Instagram can be used like with pc: chromium developer mode, I use iPhone 4 as a device profile, then it gives the button to load the pictures.

Edited the first post and put thorough instructions how I have made chromium 57 to work bareably and also links how to get latest jessie and netsurf 3.8 installed (instructions by juiceme). All help to things described in the first post are welcomed!

Posts: 634 | Thanked: 3,266 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Colombia
Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
WARNING: IT MAY BE THAT FIREJAIL DOESN'T REALLY WORK ON ED!!! HAVE TO BE CHECKED!!!
Firejail relies on kernel features like namespaces and seccomp which aren't available in the Fremantle kernel so it won't really work as intended. If I recall correctly, it also uses capabilities which should be available so it might offer some protection but not nearly as much as a fully featured Firejail.

Maemo Leste for N950 and N9 (currently broken).
Devuan for N950 and N9.

Mobile devices with mainline Linux support - Help needed with documentation.

"Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." - Henry Spencer

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wicket For This Useful Post:
Have you something to say about the kiosk mode? Or what would be good parameters to start the firejail with?

Last edited by Maemish; 2019-03-08 at 15:05.

The Following User Says Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:

Tags
chromium, jessie, n900 !