Notices

Ok, two parter here:

1) Do we know why some themes written for the previous release don't work on the newest one? I've extracted the files from a theme that works versus one that doesn't, and neither of them have any reference to the OS version number or anything like that. If anyone knows how to repackage a .deb file once it's been extracted, I can try to make the non-working ones file structure match the working ones (hope that makes sense).

2) What are some of the themes that everyone out there uses, and where did they get them from? I've had to install the 12pt versions of the defaults since the defaults have some freaking huge text. I'd kill for some variation though.

Thanks!

I'd be happy to come up with a few themes

suggestions?

Originally Posted by Spazholio View Post

2) What are some of the themes that everyone out there uses, and where did they get them from? I've had to install the 12pt versions of the defaults since the defaults have some freaking huge text. I'd kill for some variation though.

Thanks!
Hey. Do you mean the themes from this location?
http://maemo.lancode.de/?path=./themes
I made some font changes to non-default themes too. But i am waiting for permission to release them. For example i am waiting for permission from author of the excellent plankton-theme.

greetz,
loki

Posts: 70 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Nantes (France)
Originally Posted by loki View Post
I made some font changes to non-default themes too. But i am waiting for permission to release them. For example i am waiting for permission from author of the excellent plankton-theme.

greetz,
loki
Yes, your modified themes look excellent The font size on default themes is definitely too large. Can you confirm that your modified themes work well with the very ITOS2007 release? I've read that some graphic parts (new tabs on Media Player for example) were missing on (excellent!) Plankton theme: will we have the same sort of problems w/ your modified themes?
TIA.
http://blog.lmartin.fr

I very much miss using TechnopodMan's MAC OSX Theme. The original theme is just too unattractive. Please someone tell me why the OSX theme no longer works.

I installed the Plankton theme on the new OS2007 with no problem. I guess I haven't noticed any major problem with the interface using it. Looks great!

Originally Posted by loki View Post
You bet. Thanks for these themes, at least. They're something.

So...until you get permission to release the others, you probably need beta testers, eh? *hint hint*

Also...since you've obviously unpacked an existing theme, repacked it with a font change, and then had it successfully work on the new OS2007 release, can you give me some insight as to how you did it? Or point me to the location that I may have overlooked?

Thanks again!

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
I'd like to see more themes that do not change the default icons and stuff.

I have a great theme in the making, but I have to make menus to be colored, is this possible?

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
hey someone else , my sugestion is a black theme , i havent got to try nuvoblack , as it wont work , i just want a dark theme for mine