Notices

Would it be possible to write a script or change a system file to automatically enable this everytime you open a native app? I find it very useful when you're just reading an sms, or an email, but why even bother with putting it in portrait mode if you have to open up the keyboard just to do it?

Or an app that can enable/disable this function.

Posts: 254 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ New Delhi, India
This has been raised quite a few times. I'd love it if something can enable this

Posts: 675 | Thanked: 923 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
My idea was to map it to the camera button via the phone speaker switcher app (which already lets you edit the camera button function)...

...I might chase that up actually!

Kind Regards,
D4rKlar
* D4rKlar on DeviantART * Maemo5 on DeviantART *
_
* M4riNa D4rK Theme and Iconset *
_

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
shortcutd gives you the option of using either the proximity sensor or half-press camera key to enable rotation. (It toggles rotation for everything open at that moment, as I understand it.)

Posts: 675 | Thanked: 923 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
shortcutd gives you the option of using either the proximity sensor or half-press camera key to enable rotation. (It toggles rotation for everything open at that moment, as I understand it.)
LOL that was it! Wasn't aware he'd actually done it *Facepalm*

hopbeat
29th May 2010 , 01:54 PM
Posts: 514 | Thanked: 619 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Denmark/Poland
Originally Posted by D4rKlar
Firstly allow me to compliment you on the Shortcutd app, absolutely brilliant work.

I have an idea.

Now that PR1.2 is out which requires ctrl-shift-r to activate portrait mode in many apps, it would be amazing to be able to do it without having to slide out the keyboard. If you want to use the phone in portrait mode why would you want to have to slide out the keyboard?

How difficult would it be to add a 'Portrait' option to the camera short-press menu, one which just runs a ctrl-shift-r keypress script?

Hi, good idea. I will add this when I have some time (hopefully in June). Stay tuned

Cheers.
* D4rKlar on DeviantART * Maemo5 on DeviantART *
_
* M4riNa D4rK Theme and Iconset *
_

The Following User Says Thank You to D4rKlar For This Useful Post: