Notices

Anyone know of other themes that can be applied other than the preinstalled ones? I noticed in the new documents from Maemo documents that new themes are discussed.

Thanks..

David

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 737 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Helsinki
Here's just a test theme that you can try out. It's modified version of the blue theme with just 11px fonts. You need to have root access to apply the theme though.

Installation is as follows:

download the theme zip from: http://www.helsinki.fi/~konttori/Med...theme_test.zip

Connect your 770 to your comp. Unzip the file to the root of your mmc.

Disconnect 770. Open xterm (you must be in rd mode or otherwise have root access).
Execute following commands:
sudo gainroot
cp -R /media/mmc1/theme_test /usr/share/themes/theme_test

Ok. Theme is now installed. Close xterm. Open Control panel and go to personalization. Choose the new theme, cleverly titled: Urhon testiteema (which incidentally stands for Urhos test theme in finnish).

You're done.
Edit/Delete Message

Last edited by konttori; 2006-04-01 at 21:22.

forgot to say that that theme also modifies top bar slightly to give 9 more vertical pixels to applications. it was just a test modification, but works well.

Sounds interesting, but the link seems to be dead?

No problem, I found the link in your other post - great work, I love it!

i've fixed the link now, should anyone want to try it out

Tried everything. Caused my 770 to continously reboot. Will try again though. HMmm...Thought I did everything as explained, seemed simple enough.

OK, well got it to work that time. Think I fat fingered "theme" when it should have been "themes" in the user/share directory. Looks good. Thanks for the time and assistance.

David

i did the same fat fingering yesterday. unfortunately i had no backups of the device... i hope you did!

I did. That brings me to an interesting question. When backing up the device, it seems to remember the theme, or at least the picture and settings. Does the back up include the themes? Or, if I backup the device with this new theme, and then do a restore, will it cause the device to twitch? Anyone run into this yet?