Notices

Posts: 640 | Thanked: 435 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ rajvoSa BA
hello fellow geeks, nerds, freaks...
dudes and dudettes, here's my concept of how harmattan homescreen should look like.
i am not best with coding on linux (especially QT) so it would be wonderful if someone experienced enough take this as his/hers project, but if not, i know it will force me to learn lot about linux it self and about harmattan, so, most probably i will do it.
dont' be rough because this is idea i've developed in paint and it don't look as pro idea...but, maybe one day i redesign it.
i am looking for your ideas and support and also, i hope that i will see those who are against this posting in this thread with really good arguments

best regards

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wook_sf For This Useful Post:
I like it! Kind of reminds me of gnome-shell, but with widgets and swiping. Though I think having that many home screens filled with widgets would drain the battery like an iPhone

Really, what I want, more than anything, is a tablet that runs straight on Debian, has support for multitouch, stylus and a great virtual keyboard, with an attachable one for docking / second battery.

Basically if we could get one of those Asus Transformers to work with pure Debian and all the hardware coolness working on it, I'd buy one in a heartbeat. Thing is, I just don't like Android... it's just so... meh.

slaapliedje
I have figured out the reason 'smartphones' were invented. They are for reading the internet while pooping. This means the best smartphone ever created is the N9. It is the only one that works so well single-handed.

Posts: 640 | Thanked: 435 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ rajvoSa BA
Originally Posted by slaapliedje View Post
I like it! Kind of reminds me of gnome-shell, but with widgets and swiping. Though I think having that many home screens filled with widgets would drain the battery like an iPhone

Really, what I want, more than anything, is a tablet that runs straight on Debian, has support for multitouch, stylus and a great virtual keyboard, with an attachable one for docking / second battery.

Basically if we could get one of those Asus Transformers to work with pure Debian and all the hardware coolness working on it, I'd buy one in a heartbeat. Thing is, I just don't like Android... it's just so... meh.

slaapliedje
thanks for reply
yes, i know what you are saying, really, was browsing screenshots of nux based oses and really couldn't get anything that can be easily ported to harmattan
however, i forgot to mention that minimal number of homescreens is 1 and that sysuid will not be...edited, so statusbar will not be changed
anyhow, i am more fan of KDE plasma is mmmm

really couldn't get anything that can be easily ported to harmattan.
yes i obey your instruction.