Ok, I've been waiting for today for way too long now. Is today the day of the next update?

For what has been told in these forums, today Nokia people take their holidays so if they don't release the firmware today they aren't going to do so till the middle of august.

Today is the last day of the first semester, and Nokia said they would release the firmware during the first semester. But I can see they telling us the job toke them more than what they pretended because the changes were bigger.

On the other hand it would make no sense for Textrat to laught about us for so long if they weren't going to release the firmware today.

Ok. My idea in this treat is to sumarize everything that has been asked for for the next firmware, so we can then check what has been made and what hasn't.

Hope nobody uses this thread to opine about the things that has been asked, neither to argument about who lies and who don't. Let's try it becomes simply a list, please.

1. Flash 9
2. Skype
3. Skype Video
4. Java
5. Ajax
6. Opera 9.
7. Open Source Browser
8. PIM
9. Phone PIM controler using bluetooth.
10. Phone SIM capable.
11. Phone bluetooth speakers emulator.
12. A2DP sender.
13. SMB, SSH, MC,... integrated into the firmware (installed from scratch).
14. Some open source outhouse project such CANOLA integrated into the main firmware.
15. Mplayer as the Video Player.
16. Touchable Interface for Audio-video (that is: without having to use the stylus).
17. Touchable interface for File Management.
18. Touchable interface for the rest of aplications.
19. Cool efects at the windows managements level.
20. Video Player with lots of other codecs.
21. Sirius Radio.
22. Youtube mobile.
23. 3gp video capable.
24. landscape-portrait habilities.

Edited...
25. Hability to connect to Myth or other TV-streamers.
26. An standard and integrated SIP client.
27. OpenGL
28. Dramatically improved power management.
29. SDHC support.
30. Better hand writting recognition.

Oops. And a fridge, a toaster and DVD player.

Ok, you continue.

Last edited by eduardp; 2007-06-29 at 09:51. Reason: Adding things

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Why not add a fridge, a toaster, a television and a DVD-player?

Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
Why not add a fridge, a toaster, a television and a DVD-player?
If you look at the list it is not that much. Anyway, I'm not expecting Nokia to fullfill 100% of expectations, I simply wnated to have an extensive list of what has been asked for. Who knows, maybe they can use it as a guide for the next release.

Posts: 108 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ France
A standard SIP client, PLEASE!!!

Posts: 269 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by eduardp View Post
Ok, I've been waiting for today for way too long now. Is today the day of the next update?

For what has been told in these forums, today Nokia people take their holidays so if they don't release the firmware today they aren't going to do so till the middle of august.
In Finland, holidays take place 25/06 -25 /07, usually. Knowing how Nokia is well organized, you can bet that if they had planned to release theis update on 29/06, they know about vacation timeframe so they would have made sure that update is ready by 22/06 then everything goes on tracks by itself.

This being said, Nokia has already been delaying release date. Example N95 was announced for release Q4 / 2006, but was released Q2 2007. So predictability is not 100% reliable.

So it s not safe to base deduction on assumptions :-)

Posts: 919 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ /dev/null
You for got to add OpenGL.

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by rheve View Post
A standard SIP client, PLEASE!!!
yes, integrated sip is really the only thing they promised for the 770 and never built into any ITOS. gizmo works fine in principle but is eating all my memory and my cpu cycles. (it also doesnt integrate with the address book)

I guess the plan was to have it based on Telepathy-Sofiasip; don't know why things move so slowly.

yeah, the hell with Skype, give us a shackle-free SIP phone !

Posts: 269 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Finland
What I d like

- an OS that allows a dramatically improved power management.

Especially if there is Skype, or any proper VoIP and we start using it consistently, I don't know how to walk around with a few meters of cable between the N800 and the charger.

I already dim my screen to the min in order to save power....

One of the benefits of staying with a 770 is a *total* absence of stress regarding Nokia release deadlines :-)