A friend of mine just had his N800 order canceled. The store told him that Nokia was not making them any more.

Buy.com showed one left this afternoon. Maybe it's right? I think it's a shame; the N800 for $200 is a machine Nokia would wind up selling a lot of, I think.

That would probably be the stupidest thing they could do right now. Unless they plan on making the 810 the 800 and a n900 is coming out/being announced, before Christmas.

Originally Posted by Beni View Post
That would probably be the stupidest thing they could do right now. Unless they plan on making the 810 the 800 and a n900 is coming out/being announced, before Christmas.
Were you really expecting the N800 to sell at $200 indefinitely? That had to be a clearance price and probably at cost or slightly below for Nokia after they paid dealer rebates on them.. They are in the business to make money and the N800 is no longer the money maker for them.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
If they really are canceling the N800, I would expect the N810 price to fall a bit further to well below $400. Prices in the marketplace do evolve, after all.

Well, if indeed it is cancelled, I feel darn lucky...

The Following User Says Thank You to bvsciguy For This Useful Post:
Yes, indeed. I could see myself keeping this thing for years. It plays movies and music really well; its capacity will keep expanding as SD cards get cheaper. The software will keep improving.

It would take something dramatically better to make me give up my N800. It's my do-everything machine.

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
For what it's worth, I still use my 770. You N800 users are lucky they kept the architecture the same between the N810 and N800... you won't be left in a lurch like I was.

Man. This is really gonna skew those "Will you buy an N810?" polls.

Well, I could easily buy a N810 but I prefer the N800. I specifically do not want the keyboard attached to my slate tablet. It defeats the purpose of haveing a slate in the first place. It must be twice as thick as the 800, quite a bit heavier and for what ? Maybe Apple will start making a N800 knock off. //ji

Posts: 1,878 | Thanked: 646 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ San Jose, CA
Didn't Nokia say they'd be on the market at teh same time?

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by johnkzin View Post
Didn't Nokia say they'd be on the market at teh same time?
No kidding, what store was this? Do they actually have any reputability other than, "covering our asses"?