Notices

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
This will never make it to the repositorys...it is just a script.

The version torpedo and I worked on addresses all the issues that have been raised about running this thing on the n900.

You will be unable to include the changes into your 'master' version 'upstream' as It has not really been written in a 'portable' fashion.

As far as I am concerned the version I have 'fixed' as linked to in the other thread is the only version worth even attempting to run on an n900. The version in this thread is plain broken and was untested on release.

Concerning future development, that is all up to you bromaX. I have 'scratched my itch', created a working version. I have even provided a paste n' script psuedo installer. What you guys now do with this is up to you.

Despite the fact this makes stealing secured passwords so easy my mother could do it some people are still managing to ****itup. This fact concerns me. This script is the equivalent of giving an AK47 to a mal-balanced child. (but there again, i feel guilty when using aircrack. Do I understand the weakness in the WEP implementation of the RC4 cipher enough to feel legitimate enough to use aircrack? - where TF am I going with this??)

tl;dr; I have nothing more to contribute to YAMAS. My pastebin link will expire in 28 days. This version sucks, use the one in the other thread. Don't actually ever use this script, if you do it is nothing to do with me.
Dude the version he wrote originally is not perfect, but it DOES WORK, please don't say that it "sucks". If I come over to your house for dinner and I think the food could use some more salt or hot sauce, do I tell you that it sucks? Try to be nice to people that aren't getting paid to take abuse... We don't want to scare away all the developers!
Also, thanks for both of your work so far, I trust you can combine this into one script without arguing about it too much

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Creamy Goodness For This Useful Post:
Posts: 111 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
2. The version posted here ITT is broken for the N900 when first posted and is still broken for the N900. This is NO reflection upon the quality of the original which runs perfectly fine on a 'normal' linux computer.
Really? As it works flawlessly on my phone and a few others that have reported that here, on private and on my blog. Though you indeed created a BORKEN version of it by ****ing up the parsing method and removing the ability of remotely updating the grep process.

I still don't like your tone.

@stevomanu - the only difference between this version and the previous is the place the log of sslstrip is saved. I just moved it from /tmp/ to /home/user/MyDocs/Yamas. It doesn't make sense not to work.

The only thing I can think you can try is manually creating /home/user/MyDocs/Yamas directory and trying again.

Cheers

EDIT: Yep pretty sure its that now -.- Uploaded a version without a mkdir /home/user/MyDocs/Yamas command -_- Will have it fixed asap - until then create the directory manually.

Last edited by Unhuman; 2011-06-20 at 16:37.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Unhuman For This Useful Post:
0_o Another little flame war due to vi_ sociopathic behavior... Yea, thats REALLY what i hoped in this thread, FFS...

Flamewars aside, moving to concrete things - i don't see any reasons why it shouldn't make it way into repos IF it's technically possible to pack it into .deb file. Every program is "just a script", to some degree If no one care (except comaX who definitely care, but he don't have N900) to move *** and try, I'll talk with Mentalist about his recent experiences with maintaining packages and maybe I'll be able to do it. Still as i said only if it's technically possible.

I hate when such a good things are scattered around many parts of forum. In case of reflash/whatever You must remember #@$# dozen of places outside repos, where You can find things You've used.

/Estel

//Edit

Backupmenu is also JUST A SCRIPT, but it sit in repos happily.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 83 | Thanked: 142 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Paris, France
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
0_o Another little flame war due to vi_ sociopathic behavior... Yea, thats REALLY what i hoped in this thread, FFS...

Flamewars aside, moving to concrete things - i don't see any reasons why it shouldn't make it way into repos IF it's technically possible to pack it into .deb file. Every program is "just a script", to some degree If no one care (except comaX who definitely care, but he don't have N900) to move *** and try, I'll talk with Mentalist about his recent experiences with maintaining packages and maybe I'll be able to do it. Still as i said only if it's technically possible.

I hate when such a good things are scattered around many parts of forum. In case of reflash/whatever You must remember #@$# dozen of places outside repos, where You can find things You've used.

/Estel

//Edit

Backupmenu is also JUST A SCRIPT, but it sit in repos happily.
About places to remember, you shouldn't have to remember much. I deleted the auto-updating feature in this version, but when it will be stable enough, I'll think about an argument to pass to the script so that it updates itself

I don't believe this script would make it any near any repo, but if it does, I would just be really glad ^^

If you guys want to do it, be my guests !

As I have time this afternoon, I should make quite some updates !

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to comaX For This Useful Post:
If someone still has doubts about what this script is and what it does, I've made a video showing YAMAS in action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bSq7tXSGAo

PS: vi_ is right, this script is like putting an AK-47 in a child's hand

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to torpedo48 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by torpedo48 View Post
If someone still has doubts about what this script is and what it does, I've made a video showing YAMAS in action:

nice video glad to see its working for some , im having no luck it was working perfect but sinch updating script things have gone pair shaped ..

Posts: 83 | Thanked: 142 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Paris, France

Nice video ! I wish I could make one that good for the original one !

The Following User Says Thank You to comaX For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by stevomanu View Post
nice video glad to see its working for some , im having no luck it was working perfect but sinch updating script things have gone pair shaped ..
You can always download the original script and install the additional required dependences, like xterm, and it should be perfectly working!

Originally Posted by comaX View Post
Nice video ! I wish I could make one that good for the original one !
Unfortunately I can't afford a notebook (yet), so I'm using BackTrack on a virtual machine on my Windsucks 7 PC; unfortunately wifi isn't working properly and I'm not able to use your original script there, or I'd make a good video for you!

I promise to make it as soon as I'll buy a notebook

The Following User Says Thank You to torpedo48 For This Useful Post:
You can always download the original script and install the additional required dependences, like xterm, and it should be perfectly working!
were is the orignal script then please ??

Tags
pentesting, tester of pens