Notices

Do you have the bleeding edge driver ? and i prefer the manual usage of wifite as mr_pingu said :
1)load the bleeding edge driver
2) /opt/wifite-directory/wifite.py
thats how you can choose your target and at earlier posts you can know how to set some settings (fake authentication - power)

By the way , this hack can attack only WEP protected networks ? or WPA/WPA2 too ?

I used # python /opt/wifi_mon/wifite.py , the script ran and started stearching for wifi networks but it didn't find anything , 0 wireless 0 results , after I pressed CTRL + C , it said me make sure airodump_ng runs correctly .

Last edited by Dragoss91; 2011-06-21 at 10:37.

only WEP, it asks for a dictionary for WPA

Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by AgogData View Post
only WEP, it asks for a dictionary for WPA
You can type none if it ask for a dictionary Won't help that much though

When i try to decompress wifite optimised for N900 from post 2 (wifi.tgz), I got error "it doesn't look like tar file". Tried bot with tar -xzvf and Xarchiver. Downloaded 3 times, size seems to be correct. Any ideas?

If someone still has doubts about what the script in the OP is and what it does, I've made a video showing YAMAS in action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bSq7tXSGAo

PS: vi_ is right, this script is like putting an AK-47 in a child's hand

The Following User Says Thank You to torpedo48 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 104 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kassel, Hesse, Germany
So, it's not related to hacking at all, but cracking. Please stop confusing people. The name of the thread makes it sound like a coding competition (as in hacking = coding), not like a tool for cracking things. Stop confusing us.

See http://wiki.debian.org/JulianAndresKlode and http://jak-linux.org/.

The Following User Says Thank You to jak For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jak View Post
So, it's not related to hacking at all, but cracking. Please stop confusing people. The name of the thread makes it sound like a coding competition (as in hacking = coding), not like a tool for cracking things. Stop confusing us.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hacker_(computer_security)

"A hacker is a person who breaks into computers and computer networks for profit, in protest, or because they are motivated by the challenge."

So this thread is pretty much about hacking I think.

If you read the article, you'll find that some people started a controversy about the hacker definition, so the word itself is confusing you, not us

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to torpedo48 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 440 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Las Vegas, NV
I successfully broke my wifi network as well. 5 digit password within few minutes (about 5 I guess). In my case fourth attack brings fruit, first three types of attack fails. Plus when I reattacked the same network for second time it took about a minute or so excluding that count down time while searching for network.

If no one else got problem with decompressing wifite, can i ask for uploading it as pure tarball, without compression? Sorry, i'm out of ideas why archive appear corrupted to me, no matter how many times i redownload it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:

Tags
free internetz, hack the gibson, hack the planet