Notices

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 169 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chicago, IL
So my buddy: the mad Russian scientist decided to take my challenge and write a Nagios client for Maemo 5 so that I can check the status on our data center on the go from my N900.

Today I loaded the first (more like the 4th) build of Maegios, a python based nagios client for Maemo 5 on my N900.

We are still working on polishing things out a bit, but for the most part the app is ready. We plan on adding support for checking multiple nagios servers and ability to use icon sets although the icons that we made are absolutely gorgeous in my opinion.

I will be doing testing over the holidays (next 15) days. Development will resume in January.

Here are some screenshots for the impatient:

Here you can see the Maegios widget sitting my my desktop. It shows you green icon with thumbs up and displaying "All Good!" when there are no nagios alerts:

Configuration tabs:

Default Maegios window with no alerts

Refresh Settings

About Maegios:

All hosts window:

Maegios Configuration:

Maegios Disconnected Notification:

Last edited by vasillalov; 2010-01-25 at 17:11.

The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to vasillalov For This Useful Post:
Posts: 716 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Sheffield, UK
Is the Widget written in Python too as I was under the impression that does not work (yet) due to a bug.

I am trying to get started writing a Python widget but quickly hit a brick wall trying to get it to show up in the list of available widgets (the aforementioned bug prevents them showing in the list).

My Websites
CSD Projects - Flickr - UAE4Maemo (UAE4All Compatibility List)

Favourite N900 Applications
Picodrive - UAE4All

Please post your UAE4All compatibility reports. Even better, post them to my UAE4Maemo site!
Not sure how UAE4All works such as mouse emulation? Read the FAQ.

Posts: 445 | Thanked: 572 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Oxford
Nice. Is it going to appear in extras-devel any time soon, or only next year? Even early versions can benefit from testing.

Widget is also in python. No bugs so far. This thing is stable. I will have more testing data to share with you as time progresses!

Don't wait for it to show in extras-devel till next year. We still need to go through the approval process and all that jazz.

Right now we set up our own repo to fetch updates as we go along....

Originally Posted by Alex Atkin UK View Post
Is the Widget written in Python too as I was under the impression that does not work (yet) due to a bug.

I am trying to get started writing a Python widget but quickly hit a brick wall trying to get it to show up in the list of available widgets (the aforementioned bug prevents them showing in the list).
Once you have the app installed, reboot your device/emulator. Your new widget should appear in the list.

Bump, for the people that might have missed it.

Holy moly, our operations guys are going to salivate.

Hehehe! Yeah. So far, Maegios works flawlessly. What needs to be done is proper notification light and alert ring tones, but this is fluff. The Maegios widget works great...

that is so fricking awesome. Will it be possible to set it up to monitor more than one nagios server, as I work for a country wide ISP, and we have several....

Yeah,

Its in the works as well. We also have couple of nagios servers and we need to monitor them all at once.

Right now, I am working on testing for any possible bugs and issues and I am also collecting metrics on speed, battery usage, etc, etc...