Notices

Posts: 675 | Thanked: 923 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
I've just realized that if you're using this theme you also need to have the Calendar Home Widget installed to view the calendar properly (as per my screenshot in post 1).

1st post amended,

Kind Regards,
D4rKlar
* D4rKlar on DeviantART * Maemo5 on DeviantART *
_
* M4riNa D4rK Theme and Iconset *
_

The Following User Says Thank You to D4rKlar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 105 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by D4rKlar View Post
I've just realized that if you're using this theme you also need to have the Calendar Home Widget installed to view the calendar properly (as per my screenshot in post 1).

1st post amended,

Kind Regards,
D4rKlar
Thank you. 2 things tho budd: I have the normal stock calendar widget and my background did change ( angel smoking & drinking right?) ... so do I still need the calendar home widget?
And secondly, just a note for you: anytime you go to converstations, file manager, ... anything that offers multi select to do... Your theme does not highlight anything. it always stays black in not only the programs I just listed but pretty much anything that requires hilghting to select. There is never a highlight, even if you tap and hold for more options somewhere that offers it, the option box will pop up but the selection will not hilight?? It really becomes a problem when your trying to delete or move multiple files or conversations? The only time I have seen a highlight so far is in conversations for instance, if you tap and hold on a conversation and the option box to 'open contact card or delete', THEN there is a really cool textured blue highlight that I can tell you put a little extra into. It's a shame that it's not incorporated throughout the whole theme. I really like it. Is there any way to make this highlight, be there to highlight everything when needed pretty much? ..

Awesome theme though man I have to say! This is the first theme I have changed to in a long time, for me that is saying a lot! keep up the great work

Last edited by Jayboy5; 2010-12-10 at 14:51.

Nice one mate!

You'll be running the 1.0-1 or 1.0-2 update, which both had a gtkrc issue which lead to the issues you're having. Update to 1.0-3 in devel now, re-boot, switch themes to another theme (you need to do this to clear the image cache), switch back to D4rK, then reboot and you'll be all good.

You'll only need to do this for this update as it's a bugfix, future updates will run as normal.

The calendar home widget should be mandatory, its brilliant and also fixes the issue with the date numbers (top left of the widget) as it changes them to black.

Kind Regards,
D4rKlar
_
_

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to D4rKlar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 223 | Thanked: 135 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Wish I was in Greece
Hey buddy, updated to 1.0.3 and now the theme doesn't want to play nice with theme customizer. Possibly your gtkrc edit? Didn't have that problem with 1.0.2. Great work my friend nonetheless!

The Following User Says Thank You to Parlapipas For This Useful Post:
Thank you Parlapipas, it really is appreciated!

Did you try the usual switch theme - switch back- reboot bit to clear the cache? If not uninstall completely, navigate to opt/usr/share/themes using filebox then delete any m4rina-D4rK or M4riNa-D4rK related folders left there, then reinstall.

Believe me the last two were worse, I really am sorry everyone I'll get there

Kind Regards,
D4rKlar
_
_

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to D4rKlar For This Useful Post:
Ehi D4rk
where can i give karma to your work in order to make it go in testing?

The Following User Says Thank You to Dany-69 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 472 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ India, Mumbai
grt work mate....

The Following User Says Thank You to cutehunk04 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dany-69 View Post
Ehi D4rk
where can i give karma to your work in order to make it go in testing?
You are too kind my friend, thank you!!

I promote packages to extras-testing, karma gets them from extras-testing to extras. Don't worry, you'll be the first person I call when I need votes!

Kind Regards,
D4rKlar
_
_

Posts: 223 | Thanked: 135 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Wish I was in Greece
Originally Posted by D4rKlar View Post
Thank you Parlapipas, it really is appreciated!

Did you try the usual switch theme - switch back- reboot bit to clear the cache? If not uninstall completely, navigate to opt/usr/share/themes using filebox then delete any m4rina-D4rK or M4riNa-D4rK related folders left there, then reinstall.

Believe me the last two were worse, I really am sorry everyone I'll get there

Kind Regards,
D4rKlar
Hahaha come on give me some credit here LOL All jokes aside I tried clearing the cache and all, but to no avail. Had to run out of the house so didn't uninstall and clear any residual, but will do that late tonight and report back to you.

Seriously though, great great job and I'm sure everyone appreciates the effort. Keep it up!

hahahaa I knew you'd say that... sorry P to be fair I thought it might be useful to others as well!

OK another thing to do is in opt/usr/share/themes/ANY THEME/gtk-2.0

Look for the gtkrc.cache files, I'd delete any you see in any gtk-2.0 folder.

I've been told the 1.0-3 version is definitely a-ok by some testers far, far more able than myself but please keep me posted, you are someone I'm going to go out my way to make this work for.

Kind Regards,
D4rK
_
_

The Following User Says Thank You to D4rKlar For This Useful Post:

Tags
d4rk icons, d4rklar, d4rkworks, m4rina d4rk, theme