Notices

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on May 2011 @ rio de janeiro, brazil
bottomline: does this make the update worthy? Once the "old" version is completely functional and we find several records of yet-unpolished-usability matters (laggy downloads, urecognisable folders, video quality download issues...), I ask myself about "the price of the novelty" (ok, it's a known price for early adopters). But the question that remains for me up until now is: are there only cosmetics improvements along aside the unpolished issues forementioned or this version already worths the leap.

BTW: Before anyone thinks I'm pushing too far on marxian, I repeat for the millionth time that his work is brilliant and I prefer cute tube against any other similar app...As a matter of fact, I already find version 1.1.1 amazing as it is and just wonder if the new QT one (1.2.4) is at a compareble level of usability. And, once more: congratulations for the awesome app, man!

Last edited by brunops1; 2012-01-16 at 15:30. Reason: misstype

Hello everybody,

im new here and d like to know how to add tube8 or xvideos in cute tube QML...i read that's possible...
plz could someone help me for that?

Many thx

Originally Posted by brunops1 View Post
bottomline: does this make the update worthy? Once the "old" version is completely functional and we find several records of yet-unpolished-usability matters (laggy downloads, urecognisable folders, video quality download issues...), I ask myself about "the price of the novelty" (ok, it's a known price for early adopters). But the question that remains for me up until now is: are there only cosmetics improvements along aside the unpolished issues forementioned or this version already worths the leap.

BTW: Before anyone thinks I'm pushing too far on marxian, I repeat for the millionth time that his work is brilliant and I prefer cute tube against any other similar app...As a matter of fact, I already find version 1.1.1 amazing as it is and just wonder if the new QT one (1.2.4) is at a compareble level of usability. And, once more: congratulations for the awesome app, man!

Yes it has everything the old version has (including copy url, thanks for bringing this back!) and it has the new option "watch it later", and other users playlist.
The only last wish I'd have (which neither new or old version have) is an easier way to switch players (MPlayer, CTplayer etc), a lot of people mentioned certain videos work with certain players only, so rather than constantly go back and forth to the settings, it is more intuitive to have a select "Media type player" option in the video description (as a lazy person anyway )
other than that, it doesn't hurt to upgrade since you can go back to the old version by disabling extra devel, but I don't see a reason why

edit: tested the suscribe button like someone mentioned and confirm it doesn't work atm

Last edited by lonk; 2012-01-16 at 19:43.

The Following User Says Thank You to lonk For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
Already done. Fix is implemented in 0.2.22.

The plugin for adult content, xtube, is now in extras-devel. You will need to wait for the update (at least 0.2.21) to the main application before installing (installing beforehand won't do any harm, but the latest application update is required in order to import the additional JavaScript functions).

After updating and installing xtube, you can search for adult content as follows:

xh: + query - search X Hamster

yj: + query - search YouJizz

hi
i don't understand can u explain with example plz

i try it and didn t work
where to put the request in cute tube qml ?
thx

Posts: 57 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Germany
maybe a known issue...did not check all the pages: when I want to enter my google login data in the internal browser (authorise), neither the internal nor the virtual keyboard works.

btw...is it be possible to create a browser plugin so that everytime you click a YT link it is automatically opened with cutetube? That would be great.

The Following User Says Thank You to J0ph33 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 10 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on May 2011 @ rio de janeiro, brazil
Originally Posted by lonk View Post
Yes it has everything the old version has (including copy url, thanks for bringing this back!) and it has the new option "watch it later", and other users playlist.
The only last wish I'd have (which neither new or old version have) is an easier way to switch players (MPlayer, CTplayer etc), a lot of people mentioned certain videos work with certain players only, so rather than constantly go back and forth to the settings, it is more intuitive to have a select "Media type player" option in the video description (as a lazy person anyway )
other than that, it doesn't hurt to upgrade since you can go back to the old version by disabling extra devel, but I don't see a reason why

edit: tested the suscribe button like someone mentioned and confirm it doesn't work atm
I upgraded and followed other fellows' instructios on how to overcome the "sign-in-non-working-keyboard" (by using ctl+backspace and typing on Notes then pasting on cute tube's authorization screen through long press editing menu) and the "opaque-almost-invisible-archhive-folder-settings-screen" in order to set up a non-dot beginning folder name (enhancing screen brightness to the top and putting my tired eyes to test).

Of course these issues ought to be adressed by the dev., once they are pretty basic when it comes to the cute tube app quality standard itself. What can I say...Marxian has spoiled us beyond the point of no return, thus we want always the best experience!

Having said all that I let my testimony: so far so good...just getting the hang of new locations for good old functions and buttons. No regrets at all on updating from 1.1.1.

BTW: did we really loose the instant access to the download status bar from the up above drop-down screen? I liked the way it was: usefull info without several clicks to check it. Anyone with me on this?

Trying to update to latest version, but getting the following message.

Code:
(Reading database ... 52758 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace qmltube 1.2.4 (using .../qmltube_1.2.5_armel.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement qmltube ...
dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/qmltube_1.2.5_armel.deb (--unpack):
 trying to overwrite `/usr/lib/hildon-desktop/qmltube-widget', which is also in package qmltube-widget
Errors were encountered while processing:
 /var/cache/apt/archives/qmltube_1.2.5_armel.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Posts: 103 | Thanked: 162 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Germany
I uninstalled the old widget version first:

apt-get remove qmltube-widget

then:

apt-get install qmltube

Last edited by sbock; 2012-01-19 at 09:51.

The Following User Says Thank You to sbock For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sbock View Post
I uninstalled the old widget version first:

apt-get remove qmltube-widget

then:

apt-get install qmltube
Did think of that one. Will give it a go in a mo.

Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
Since this is different from the original cutetube, is it going to replace the one from ovi store for N9?

Tags
cutetube, marxian = god, marxian legend, son of a gun, son of douche, son of fail, son of god, youtube