@eaglehelang
i bought it anyway too. yes its got killer multitasking, great body, screen and all the rest. but the *actual* disadvantages with the basics have never been written about anywhere, and when i raised these points i was boohoo'd for being a hater. lol.

better to of loved and lost than not to of loved at all...

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by Keferen View Post
all you N9 die hards are the same, missed the point by a mile.
go read the Lumia 800 review on this same very message board and read about all the new features that were in the n900 2 years ago, and NOT the n9.
I find it amusing that you want to label me & those that appreciate the N9 as "fanboys".
I have a N900, I use it & I love it, I have other makes/models, & have used many makes/models over the yrs.

Most of us did our homework, we were well aware of featuresets before you graced us with your powerful knowledge.
There's been review after review conceding the N9's more capable overall than the L800, both hw & sw-wise.*
But that the L800 has the future, & may improve more dramatically with WP updates over the next yr etc.

You can choose to ignore them if you want, certainly not going to waste my time digging them all up for you.
There was even one from a staunch Windows site, if I can recall it, I'll paste it later...

*EDIT* here it is:
http://www.neowin.net/news/nokia-n9-...s-incredible-2
And an update...
http://www.neowin.net/news/nokia-n9-...ware-update-on

*usability's another thing, it's very subjective, & it's possible that more prefer the L800's usability.
But WRT to built-in features/functionality, there's no question, Maemo6 has more ATM.

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-12-11 at 12:57.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 25 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Amsterdam
I also own both N9 and N900 and love them both. (Sure both can be better

I also owned several Android devices and hated all of them (with a vengeance), really really not get Android they all performed horrible for me. Android sucks as a phone, sucks as a tablet and anythings else you want to run it on. If you want a phone that everybody has, just sell your soul to Apple and be done with it. (At least you get something that tries to work)

Ever since I got the N9 I loved using it as a phone. It does has bugs that Nokia needs to iron out. Much like the initial Maemo releases, initial Android and initial iPhone releases.

But the N9 is not the N900... The N9 is a phone, the N900 is a power house that is also a phone.

The N900 lets me fix blood testing software in a hospital datacenter in the middle of the night while parked on the side of the road via 3G.

N9 will probably never be able to do that. Heck I even did not get OpenVPN to work on it and the VKB will, imho, never work for more then a couple of sentences or an SMS message.

Then again... I can show the N9 in public when going to a diner, one handed use via swipe is extremely handy for small tasks during the day. The AMOLED powersaving clock is a also killer feature for me...

My biggest fair with the N9 is Nokia's commitment. I'm very much afraid that Nokia's commitment to PR1.2 and any further releases are going to be minimal to non-existant.

I'm also afraid that the community is not going to get much help making CSSU updates for the N9. (specially with the lock down of the device at OS level compared to the N900)

Hopefully I'm wrong and ill informed on the last parts.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to trbs For This Useful Post:
Far, far, far, too early to know anything...
Give it 12mth, then you can say: "Aha I told you so!" (to those whom are that sort)

Originally Posted by Keferen View Post

go read the Lumia 800 review on this same very message board and read about all the new features that were in the n900 2 years ago, and NOT the n9.

anyone want to buy a slightly used mint condition N9 64gb black ?
Really, WP7 just got some essential features that made it just about usable with Mango. When it first came out, it didn't even have cut and paste and there was no way to add your own ringtones. Now Mango doesn't even have bluetooth file transfer or wi-fi hotspot.

Your bias is obvious. But if you want to put up with Apple-like restrictions like opaque file structure and tied to Zune, you may as well sell your soul to Apple and benefit from their huge app store.

Sell off your N9. This forum won't see any loss from an N9 hater. Enjoy emailing a file to yourself when you need to edict a document on your PC.

Last edited by SamGan; 2011-12-12 at 08:02.

I've had the N9 for a week now but unfortunately I'm sending it back. I love the hardware, interface, and stability.
However, the GPS is very weak in two ways...

1. The N9 constantly loses satellite signal. I never had this problem on my E6.

2. There are no street names spoken during driving navigation! How Nokia allowed this I do not know.

GPS is very important to me so unfortunately this is a deal breaker.

like jalyst says.. i may just revisit the n9 in 12 months and see how its going, whats changed, whats new, and how far that tizen upgrade is progressing lol

Originally Posted by SamGan View Post
Enjoy emailing a file to yourself when you need to edict a document on your PC.
Ever used a windows phone? if not then don't speak as if you know. There's skydrive....

Each platform ahs its merits and disadvantages, suit the one that fits your needs beter

Originally Posted by hotnikkelz View Post
Ever used a windows phone? if not then don't speak as if you know. There's skydrive....

Each platform ahs its merits and disadvantages, suit the one that fits your needs beter
Skydrive is the main problem, too similar to Iphone's ICloud,etc. The OP refered to Windows Phone in the previous page, we are giving our reasons why N9 is our preferance.

I.e. we did our research & chose the one that suit our needs, instead of purchasing and after that only complain2 so lonnnnnnggggggg.Even ladies dont do that(Dont ask "How do you know?". I do, for obvious reasons) :

Last edited by eaglehelang; 2011-12-12 at 14:56.

Originally Posted by A5tr0turf3r?
like jalyst says.. i may just revisit the n9 in 12 months and see how its going, whats changed, whats new, and how far that tizen upgrade is progressing lol
Who says I'm saying anything about Tizen
Anyhoo, all this silly banter is a waste of good air.

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-12-12 at 17:49.