Notices

Posts: 103 | Thanked: 162 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Germany
Gidzzz here's the updated German translation you asked for.
Added the new strings and they're also some small tweaks.

[Edit:]I see NightShift79 also posted a German translation. Better two than none. "Doppelt hält besser", as we say here in Germany

Some remarks to my translation:
-I tried to match the translation of the original Media Player as much as possible.
-The translation is now complete (except some possible errors) and I even translated terms like "Lyrics", "Album Art" and "Now Playing". Not everybody likes this kind of translation as the German terms for this are IMHO not very precise and self-explanatory.
-German phrases are often much longer than the English ones. ATM some translated strings are too long for some fields. The original player therefore sometimes changes the font size. Is this possible with QT Linguist?

[Edit2:]

I found a strange translation bug:

Looks like some kind of problem with German umlauts. But my translated text string is "Frequenz einstellen" not "Frequenz auswählen" as the screenshoot shows. Any clue what went wrong here?
Attached Files
File Type: zip openmediaplayer_de.zip (12.9 KB, 69 views)

Last edited by sbock; 2011-11-05 at 12:21.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sbock For This Useful Post:
Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
Originally Posted by ade View Post
It's even easier than that, it can be installed via the application manager
oh rly?
it's on the repos?!

great

Posts: 476 | Thanked: 438 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Sweden
I will request so you can play a folder so I can play spefic folder, that are hard to find some songs

Posts: 119 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Poland, Częstochowa
If we are talking about FMTX window take a look at polish translation:

It looked the same before polish translation has been implemented to omp, so OMP FMTX dialog is using original maemo translation files, not this in "our" translations.

And one more screenshot, how it should be

The Following User Says Thank You to pawelstryju For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sbock View Post
I see NightShift79 also posted a German translation. Better two than none. "Doppelt hält besser", as we say here in Germany
Unfortunately, I can't think of a nice way to include both translations. You let people know before you began translating and your work is already included in git, so I guess your translation will be official for now.

ATM some translated strings are too long for some fields. The original player therefore sometimes changes the font size. Is this possible with QT Linguist?
I think changing size of the font needs to be handled by the player. megaexer dealt with such problem by making two lines of text out of one, so you could try that too. If you try, let me know whether it works for German.

Looks like some kind of problem with German umlauts. But my translated text string is "Frequenz einstellen" not "Frequenz auswählen" as the screenshoot shows. Any clue what went wrong here?
Most of the translations in the FMTX menu were taken from the system. It's already fixed (and this is why I asked for an update), but that version is not yet in the repository.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 417 | Thanked: 200 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
i just did my translation for fun and for myself and wanted to share.

sbocks translation how it should be. he deserves credits.
I also faced the problems with the german Umlauts.

great project! hope to see regularly updates.

Alright then, just arrived to the repository :
  • Translation fixes for the FM transmitter dialog.
  • New translations: Swedish (by robin92), French (by GaRy delaMEr) and German (by sbock).
  • Some updates to the existing translations.
  • Show correct song/movie length when streaming from UPnP.
  • Click song/movie position label to toggle between time elapsed and remaining.

The following translations require attention:
  • Spanish (87%): I think it's free to pick up.
  • French (76%): I'm not sure if it's being worked on.
  • Swedish (93%): @robin92, can you update it?
There's also support for Finnish, German and Polish. If you can't see your language here, consider donating a translation.

To browse those already included, go to http://gitorious.org/~gidzzz/qt-medi...es/master/lang. To download for editing, select one from the list and then select "Raw blob data".

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
I have one suggestion. Ofcourse it should be appealing, otherwise it wouldve been stupid. How about changing a layout of the buttons in portrait mode, such as this:
crossplaying toggle(sorry for my english)>previous track>play/pause>next track>repeat toggle.
So the play/pause button would be in the center. What do you think?

any chance to loop one song besides doing it for entire album/playlist? and no I dont want to make a playlist just for one song...Other than that AWESOME job!!!! thanx a bunch!!!

Posts: 476 | Thanked: 438 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Sweden
swedish language worked fine
I will fix the the rest of translation

Tags
libplayback, mag 4 prez, media, open source, player, portrait mode, re-write, remake, reverse