Active Topics

I have a Nokia N900 and when I tried to get it repaired under Warranty for the damn USB slot broke off (with little force might I add).

At the end of constantly mailing back and forth being told they will not help me because I am in Canada, I requested to be transferred to a manager or supervisor; someone who could possibly make an administrative decision instead of citing company policies, I got called a couple times by their "officers" only to be told the same things written in the emails. It is "against" their company policy and "impossible" for them to take care of a Canadian customer with a US product. I asked the last individual named Ann in the service department (reference number 1-11256037045) to transfer me to her supervisor and she told me that she was the highest possible contact that I could reach. during the time-wasting phone call I learned that the only possible way to reach any management in USA or Canada was to write and mail a letter to their headquarters. All of this for a damn design flaw guaranteed by warranty. I may as well just have it sent in via someone I know who travels down to the states all the time and get it repaired or just have it repaired locally at a cell phone repair shop knowing the horror stories of those who tried to go through with the repair process.

At the end of the day I refuse to do business with Nokia again. What a horrible company with their disgusting business practices, outsourced/useless customer service/repair centres, and overall a headache and a half.

The Following User Says Thank You to so142001 For This Useful Post:
Hello.. finally sending in my n900 for repair from canada. I just set up a shipito address. Do I need to verify the address by sending ID in order to get the "c/o Eastbiz Corp." line out of the address field? Do I have to call Nokia USA from a us telephone number? Any help would be hugely appreciated.

The Following User Says Thank You to Clubberlang For This Useful Post:
Crap... I also can't find my warranty card... and my date of purchase from Amazon was November 23rd. It did not ship untill December 11th. Am I considered to be outside of the window for the warranty?

Originally Posted by Clubberlang View Post
Hello.. finally sending in my n900 for repair from canada. I just set up a shipito address. Do I need to verify the address by sending ID in order to get the "c/o Eastbiz Corp." line out of the address field? Do I have to call Nokia USA from a us telephone number? Any help would be hugely appreciated.
Simply use the address as it appears in your account activation confirmation email. It's your shipping address, period. The number you are calling from should be irrelevant, but make sure Nokia has a correct number where you can be reached. Good luck...

Well i sent my N900 to repair in a place on Front Street (Toront) called The Tech Knows. They're charging me 99 plus tax 114 to repair the usb port, hopefully everything goes fine, will update tomorrow when i get it back.

BTW my usb port was not disconnected it just needed to be re-solder as it still made connections.

The place i sent to above sucked, took them over 4 days to finally look at the problem. They said that the connection is not on the main board anymore so they can't re-solder it. How come some people can re-solder their usb back to their main board when it is fully out?

My usb wasn't even pulled out, it was still in tack and made contact when pressure was applied.

The Following User Says Thank You to grumps312 For This Useful Post:
I found another place in Toronto who fixed my N900. My usb port was still in the device but it was acting out a lot and was pretty much dead. The guy there did a really good job, you can find the contact in my post in another thread: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=1010188

The Following User Says Thank You to vdeparday For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Synd View Post
Hi N900 owner,
I have the same problem, I drop my N900, window crack and the LCD starting to spread everywhere in the screen.
I live in Canada-Montreal and I found this boutique in Downtown of Montreal, Citi Mobility. They can Repair it !!!!
I gave them a deposit of 55$ ... they order the parts.... after 1 week 1/2 the parts arrived, I gave my phone for 2 days... AND Bingo...the screens is brand new. My N900 work flawless.
It cost me in total 270$Cad. withh out shipping and sending or duty free.
I found boutique that can repair In Toronto and Vancouver too.
If you guys live in Canada.. there is hope that your N900 can be repair without sending it to the USA and avoid Duty-Taxes.

Synd
Just as a quick note, I had the USB failure problem that so many here have had. Citi Mobility took my N900 apart, soldered in a new port all in 2 hours, for $50. 2 thumbs up from me!

Here's their contact info if anyone needs those kinds of repairs:

1117 Saint Catherine ST. West Suite 207 Montreal, Quebec, H3B-1H9. Phone: 1-514-510-0890

Originally Posted by Tsourounakis View Post
Just as a quick note, I had the USB failure problem that so many here have had. Citi Mobility took my N900 apart, soldered in a new port all in 2 hours, for $50. 2 thumbs up from me!

Here's their contact info if anyone needs those kinds of repairs:

1117 Saint Catherine ST. West Suite 207 Montreal, Quebec, H3B-1H9. Phone: 1-514-510-0890

Thanks for the info.I just wanted to ask, if you - or anyone else - might know this. I want to repair my N900. I've dropped it too many times, and the USB port in my phone is loose (as it has mentioned in this thread before, I need to apply pressure for it to connect and recharge). Now, it has killed the battery (not only that, but I bought a replacement and that one died in 5 days). Would the loose USB be the cause of this? And I'm guessing that I'd be able to fix this (and not lose my data saved on my phone) if I were to repair it at the Citi Mobility on Saint Catherine street?

-Alex