Poll: Will this be your last Nokia product?
Poll Options
Will this be your last Nokia product?

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
I am over with getting screwed over by Nokia, by being an early adopter.. So my answer is yes/no because from now on, I am going to wait until I see the right device, see how that goes, see how it's supported, check and see how many apps are there for the device, make sure it's future isn't killed instantly.. etc. THEN I'll decide if I want to purchase it or not.

Posts: 297 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ new jersey, usa
nokia n8 will be my next.

Posts: 193 | Thanked: 92 times | Joined on May 2010 @ galveston, tx
I dont' like that the sales and marketing department of Nokia, and how they treat their customers, esp. for in-warranty repairs, rebates and stuffs that matter to us.

wow amazing the result increased in yes is 230 percent vs no 30-40 percent and maybe 100 percent...

Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
I can never go to Symbian, be it Symbian^3 or Symbian^1000, I just have no faith for Symbian ever again.

It all depends on how well Nokia pulls off its first MeeGo device. Therefore I voted "maybe".

Now if the poll would've said "Is this your last Maemo/MeeGo device", I would've said "no".

Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by bandora View Post
... from now on, I am going to wait until I see the right device, see how that goes, see how it's supported, check and see how many apps are there for the device, make sure it's future isn't killed instantly.. etc. THEN I'll decide if I want to purchase it or not.
I wish I'd have the patience for that... Just think back at the time you bought the N900. You were probably overwhelmed by hype created by yourself.

I'm sorry but I doubt you'll be able to do this quite as you describe! I know I won't!!

Posts: 299 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Singapore
I have only ever had Nokia devices. I used to think that I didn't need to look for any other brand as I was sure to find what I wanted with Nokia. Now I am with the N900, but the market has evolved considerably. Will it be my 'last Nokia'? Maybe, maybe not. What I know for sure is that the next time I will purchase a new device I will also consider Android or whatever else will be available at that point in time.
MobiTifo (which was formerly known as QSportsEvent) - Sports leagues tracking (mainly football).

This N900 is my first and will be my last Nokia product.

Nokia has ADHD in my opinion. Instead of making a few good handsets and focusing on those products, they make a new "flagship" every year or so, and leave the people who spent serious money on their year-old product screwed.

I now have a N900 that I bought only 3 months or so ago, and Nokia has already stated that they are moving on to a new OS and not even supporting my hardware anymore (not that there was much support to begin with).

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Finland
I am from Finland where almost everybody uses Nokia Phones.. but in the last year even the ordinary finnish ppl are startinng to buy phones from another manufacturers. I have had over 10 Nokias.

I think I'll hop in the Andrond bandwagon. Future of the Nokia doens't look very good. They have failed everything on the smartphones but atleast they are still selling 10-30e eur phones to China, India, Africa.. Sad but true.

Hopefully I can uprade my N900 to Meego.. If not them I am not ever gonna buy any Nokia phone.

Nokia was good phone manufacturer for over10 years but somwho they failed with shitty Symbian OS everything.

CEO&Management needs to be changed.

Meego/Symbian4 might take too long to polish and finished usable. The game is over then. Developers are doing nowadys only iPhone Android apps and these operating systems evolve very quickly. And the Nokia drops support for the phones (smartphones ) very quickly unlike Androind ana iPhone. I don't like that all.

There are over 40000 Nokia employess in Finland but I am not gonna be patriot and suppport them anymore.

Last edited by jmk; 2010-07-05 at 07:46.

I'll definitely support Nokia still as I did for the past few years, their handsets has continued to amaze me even though n97 was kinda of a bumper and their slowness was a letdown. Overall I'm happy with n900's functions and capabilities so that's one of the reason and other reasons like being more resistance to shock damage and such. My family likes Nokia, I've seen and tested windows mobile, iphone, samsung but none of them has lived up to my expectations as much as the n900.