Yeah it is on the roadmap. But I think I need to restructure the code a little bit for this to work. Get rid of the coverpage and integrate the coveraction into the main page.

Donate using Liberapay

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to llelectronics For This Useful Post:
Posts: 292 | Thanked: 294 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Milan, Italy
Originally Posted by llelectronics View Post
I updated it to version 0.2 with this changes:
  • Added About page
  • Hide pulley menu if controls are hidden
  • Always black background when video is played back
  • New improved icon (thx to watchmaker)

RPM Download here: https://openrepos.net/sites/default/...-1.armv7hl.rpm
Very nice! And thanks for the credits

I had to further update the icon though, once on device I saw a couple of shapes from the previous version of the svg that I forgot to erase (I didn't notice them on the pc, but with the transparency on the device and a new dark Ambience they were quite evident). I also decided to make the background opaque, the transparency was not working good with dark backgrounds. You can find the updated file at the same link I already sent you. It will be the last, I swear!

The Following User Says Thank You to Watchmaker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 513 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Sweden
Awesome update, just about fixed everything I asked for! The only bad thing now is that I have to come up with some more feature requests.
But the WM7 "horse" has a blood lineage tracing back to donkeys such as WM6.5, 6.1, 6.0, 5.1 that was fully neglected for too many years and Microsoft did sweet F all to maintain it (still running on Pocket IE4/6!!).

Originally Posted by xerxes2 View Post
Awesome update, just about fixed everything I asked for! The only bad thing now is that I have to come up with some more feature requests.
additional codecs support~?

The Following User Says Thank You to kpblxa For This Useful Post:
There are some codecs already packaged for gstreamer and sailfish on openrepos.net. But unfortunately I did not have time to test them yet.
I really don't think that it makes sense now to start porting old gstreamer 0.10 codec support. I rather would simply wait until jolla updates gstreamer to 1.0 which should bring in better codec support. (I know Jolla will not package codecs they don't have a license for, so will still need some extra codec packages to be build most probably)

Donate using Liberapay

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to llelectronics For This Useful Post:
Posts: 513 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Sweden
Did I say how awesome this player is?! No need to port anything to gst-0.10 as just about every codec in existance has been working for years, heck even a decade for some. Speaking of which, I found this site:
http://www.auby.no/files/video_tests/

So I was testing a few there and they all worked perfectly, even the xvid Matrix trailer. But the Matrix trailer has eleven different subtitles packaged so I was thinking of making another feature request. Enable/disable subs and possibly also chose between multiple ones.
But the WM7 "horse" has a blood lineage tracing back to donkeys such as WM6.5, 6.1, 6.0, 5.1 that was fully neglected for too many years and Microsoft did sweet F all to maintain it (still running on Pocket IE4/6!!).

The Following User Says Thank You to xerxes2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 231 | Thanked: 143 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Tallinn, Estonia
Thanks for the app. But I have one important issue - I can not browse to my videos on the sdcard.

If I choose "Open file" it only shows me folders Jolla and Camera. Using pull menu from this page I can go further to Android sdcard, but I can not go to my actual sdcard where all my videos are stored.

Am I doing something wrong or this app needs an update to support video files on the sdcard?

By default the sdcard is mounted under /run/user/100000/media/sdcard. So goto your Home directory (via the pulley menu) and then swipe back until you reach the root / and navigate to that sdcard directory.
I will perhaps put a link into the pulley menu to directly go to the / directory in the future.

Donate using Liberapay

Posts: 231 | Thanked: 143 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Tallinn, Estonia
Originally Posted by llelectronics View Post
I will perhaps put a link into the pulley menu to directly go to the / directory in the future.
Please do as it would be faster and more convinient way to start videos stored on the sdcard. Thanks!

Also I suggest to have pull menu as follows:
-About LLs Video Player
-Search Youtube
-Open URL
-Open Home
-Open Android sdcard
-Open Jolla videos
-Open sdcard

And / or let the user add favorite folders that can be accessed directly from the pull menu when the app opens.

The Following User Says Thank You to Silwer For This Useful Post:
This would make the pulley menu very big and I doubt that this will be easily usable with one hand.
So I have to reject this feature request for the pulley menu here.

So I was testing a few there and they all worked perfectly, even the xvid Matrix trailer. But the Matrix trailer has eleven different subtitles packaged so I was thinking of making another feature request. Enable/disable subs and possibly also chose between multiple ones.
Subtitles would be nice but currently subtitle support is not build into the gstreamer qml plugin.

Donate using Liberapay

Last edited by llelectronics; 2014-01-09 at 18:23.

The Following User Says Thank You to llelectronics For This Useful Post: