Notices

Posts: 435 | Thanked: 684 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Netherlands 020
Thanks Estel.
I did meant .ogg Ogg Vorbis Audio File because it has almost the same audio quality as an .wav audio file and the file size is much smaller

Is it technically possible to audio and video record phonecalls at the same time

The Following User Says Thank You to jellyroll For This Useful Post:
Posts: 198 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Louth / Ireland
It is kind of too soon for new ideas, but during ''waiting for package'' time - great thing (from my point of view) would be adding to calls recording option an black list functionality for few contacts or phone numbers, so little ear won't record them.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Garrett_PL For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
More pasta, great!
If you would like some feedback maybe posting temporary armel deb's and sources in the OP for the short term is an option.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by jellyroll View Post
Is it technically possible to audio and video record phonecalls at the same time
Technically, if you're in a videocall with someone, sure. But I'm not entirely sure it would be a good idea on the N900. I was just recording another phone call a few minutes ago, and was surprised at just how warm my phone got during the call; the CPU was probably running all-out just to encode the audio data. I'd hate to see just how much pressure you'd place on the phone by trying to encode video as well. (I guess you could just store it raw, but you'd probably run out of space very quickly that way...)

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Garrett_PL View Post
adding to calls recording option an black list functionality for few contacts or phone numbers, so little ear won't record them.
Definitely a good idea. (A whitelist capability would seem good too). I haven't played with accessing contacts data before, so I'll have to do a little research, but it should be doable...

Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
If you would like some feedback maybe posting temporary armel deb's and sources in the OP for the short term is an option.
Hmm, I guess that would work. Can I attach deb files directly to a post? (Hmm, I guess I should just look at the screen -- it says I can do that right below where I'm typing. ) Let me give it a try...

EDIT: Ok, I've attached a .deb file to the first post. This is the first time I've tried to directly distribute .deb files before though, so I'm a bit nervous about whether it will work. If anyone does try to download and install it, please report any problems you find!

Last edited by Copernicus; 2013-06-08 at 23:18. Reason: Attached a .deb file

It is downloading and instaling with no problems. Time to do the testing

EDIT 1
Recorded (my self singing) in AAC format. In portrait mode the preferences screen is bit too wide, it's only cosmetic thing - but You may want to know it. I better wait with the phone calls till toworrow ;-)

You are flying with the apps Sir, congrats.

EDIT 2
Orecchiette did not recorded / saved phone call. The folder that I chosed for saved files was empty after call. I did try twice, first time ending call from another call, second time from N900.

Last edited by Garrett_PL; 2013-06-09 at 00:36. Reason: Testing

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Garrett_PL For This Useful Post:
Orecchiette did not recorded / saved phone call. The folder that I chosed for saved files was empty after call. I did try twice, first time ending call from another call, second time from N900.
I should mention that you'll need to set the option on the preferences window first; Orecchiette defaults to not recording phone calls...

But yeah, I do expect that the app is going to have a lot of problems for a while. I'm fairly sure that I'm not catching all the right DBus signals yet, and I'm sure the GStreamer pipeline needs tweaking. I'll keep working on it. (BTW, were you using a bluetooth headset by any chance?)

Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
I should mention that you'll need to set the option on the preferences window first; Orecchiette defaults to not recording phone calls...

But yeah, I do expect that the app is going to have a lot of problems for a while. I'm fairly sure that I'm not catching all the right DBus signals yet, and I'm sure the GStreamer pipeline needs tweaking. I'll keep working on it. (BTW, were you using a bluetooth headset by any chance?)
Of course I'd set the option to Record phone calls before answering a call. I clicked alsow No limit in records quantity, and choose AAC format. After few attempts, tgere was no files in catalogue. No bluetooth headset during testing.
It was late yesterday so I didn't try with other coding options (WAV, etc.) and I only was reciving calls. Today, I'll do more tests.

I was thinking about that white and black list option, might be nice to add an option for pop up question after each call - " Do You want to save this ..." (I was using whife N9 for testing)

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Garrett_PL For This Useful Post:
It was late yesterday so I didn't try with other coding options (WAV, etc.) and I only was reciving calls.
Ah, I can already see the problem -- I've only been testing so far by placing calls, so I must have the DBus signal receiver set up wrong for receiving calls...

I was thinking about that white and black list option, might be nice to add an option for pop up question after each call - " Do You want to save this ..."
Yeah, actually, that does sound like a good idea; let me give it a shot!

(I was using whife N9 for testing)
Er, N9? I was planning on eventually seeing if I could migrate this to the N9, but I doubt Orecchiette would work unmodified on it right now... (I don't have an N9 to test against myself, so it'd be some effort to get it working.)

Tags
nokia n900, pasta, recording