Posts: 300 | Thanked: 962 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ USA
Holy crap! This is amazing news!

Edit: btw mautz, does this include any of the custom kernel stuff from your CM12 releases? e.g., undervolting/underclocking, governor selection etc?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deprecated For This Useful Post:
Posts: 635 | Thanked: 1,535 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Germany
Originally Posted by deprecated View Post
Holy crap! This is amazing news!

Edit: btw mautz, does this include any of the custom kernel stuff from your CM12 releases? e.g., undervolting/underclocking, governor selection etc?
No, i didn't made a custom kernel for cm13 yet

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
Released sailfishos-hammerhead-release-2.1.0.10-new-build_0.2, which fixes the repo issues of the previous image. Still no clue why timed-qt5 isn't able to change the clock via gui.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 411 | Thanked: 1,105 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Europe
Originally Posted by mautz View Post
Released sailfishos-hammerhead-release-2.1.0.10-new-build_0.2, which fixes the repo issues of the previous image. Still no clue why timed-qt5 isn't able to change the clock via gui.
Hello mautz,

how did you fix this repo issue permanently? Currently, every time i use zypper or pkcon i have to drop adaptation0. Thanks.

Blues

p.s.

Solution: See first post of mautz.

Last edited by BluesLee; 2017-05-11 at 08:17.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BluesLee For This Useful Post:
Posts: 411 | Thanked: 1,105 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Europe
Did anyone fixed the missing word prediction? The package jolla-xt9 ot any xt9 package seems not be provided by any repo.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BluesLee For This Useful Post:
So I tried installing AlienDalvik, and followed the general procedure (at least, what it was for 2.0.x), but I get this:
Code:
# systemctl start aliendalvik
Job for aliendalvik.service failed. See 'systemctl status aliendalvik.service' and 'journalctl -xn' for details.
Here's the output of
Code:
systemctl status aliendalvik
Code:
 aliendalvik.service - Myriad Alien Dalvik
   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/aliendalvik.service; enabled)
   Active: failed (Result: start-limit) since Thu 2017-05-11 13:31:51 IST; 2min 28s ago
  Process: 29162 ExecStopPost=/system/script/alien_ui_pid_reporter.sh stop (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
  Process: 29150 ExecStopPost=/system/script/alien_notification_cleaner.sh (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
  Process: 27520 ExecStart=/system/script/start_alien.sh (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
  Process: 27517 ExecStartPre=/system/script/alien_start_guard.sh (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
 Main PID: 27520 (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

May 11 13:31:50 Sailfish systemd[1]: Failed to start Myriad Alien Dalvik.
May 11 13:31:50 Sailfish systemd[1]: Unit aliendalvik.service entered failed state.
May 11 13:31:51 Sailfish systemd[1]: aliendalvik.service holdoff time over, sche...t.
May 11 13:31:51 Sailfish systemd[1]: aliendalvik.service start request repeated ...t.
May 11 13:31:51 Sailfish systemd[1]: Unit aliendalvik.service entered failed state.
Hint: Some lines were ellipsized, use -l to show in full.
What's the issue here?

Last edited by icyphox; 2017-05-11 at 08:05.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to icyphox For This Useful Post:
@BluesLee

The xt9 packages are only available on official Jolla devices. So you need to download them with a jolaa device and copy them to the N5, the same applies to the Jolla Maps application.

@icyphox

I never got aliendalvik work with cm13. Maybe it's because of different kernels. Just be patient, nh1402 is trying to get get anbox working on sailfish :-)

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Please, someone give some kind of management summary of the differences between sfdroid and anbox. I lost track...
Will docker make it easier to deploy anbox on different sfos devices?
How about sfos system integration? (android -> GPS, BT, sailfish -> Notifcations, contacts, etc.)

I heard Jolla hired a new android related guy.
Could they be working on replacing soon to be dead horse Alien Dalvik for good?
Sorry for starting rumors and shifting OT but it bothers me a lot.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Please, someone give some kind of management summary of the differences between sfdroid and anbox. I lost track...
Will docker make it easier to deploy anbox on different sfos devices?
How about sfos system integration? (android -> GPS, BT, sailfish -> Notifcations, contacts, etc.)

I heard Jolla hired a new android related guy.
Could they be working on replacing soon to be dead horse Alien Dalvik for good?
Sorry for starting rumors and shifting OT but it bothers me a lot.
sfdroid modified the cm base that Sailfish was flashed on top of, in order for it to boot into it (so it runs in parallel), and render inside Sailfish. Device specific modifications were needed to each base of each device, in order for it to work. sfdroid was also limited to whatever the base the device used for the port, CM10.1, 11 or 12.1.

Anbox uses a separate emulator image which runs inside an LXC container, and renders to the host Linux OS. Because a seperate image is used, and that it's an emulator image, the same image can be booted to with different devices without modification (which was needed with sfdroid), so any modifications (ie. to get rendering, sensors, network stuff working) will apply to all devices.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to nh1402 For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Very cool!
Does that also mean it is possible to switch the emulator image when a new android is released and keep the work done to adapt anbox to sailfish?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post: