I've followed the instructions about 5 times now (!) and I keep getting the same problem, whether it be OS2006 or OS2007. I'll do a fresh flash to the 770, the copy will go fine, I can boot into the OS, but after about 30-90 seconds, the unit reboots.

I've seen where people have said that the reboot issue happens the first time they try it, and then to re-flash; but I've done that... I've got a Kingston 2GB MMCmobile Dual Voltage 1.8V/3.3V card, and I have it partitioned in half (which is overkill for the OS side, I know), and the only thing I haven't tried is only giving the OS side 512MB for example, and leaving the rest for the MMC.

Does anyone have any input? Maybe a problem with the MMC card?

It would probably help a great deal to let people to know at what point does it reboot? Does it get through the blue bar? Does it get into the OS then reboot? etc.

I'd be as specific as possible.

The Following User Says Thank You to robbh66 For This Useful Post:
I have the 2gb kingston card partitioned in half and mmc boot OS2007HE and it runs like a champ, not sure why you are having a problem.

I was having a similar problem with the same setup. I didn't download the tar recommended in the wiki guide; I just used the tar on the system. Here is exactly what I did, if you're interested, although it is very similar to the wiki's with a few minor changes.

Originally Posted by robbh66 View Post
It would probably help a great deal to let people to know at what point does it reboot? Does it get through the blue bar? Does it get into the OS then reboot? etc.

I'd be as specific as possible.
Sorry... I always leave out some sort of detail

I can actually start to use programs, so I get all the way into the OS.

Thanks for the link Jeffus; I'll try that tonight.

Thanks for that link Jeffus... not sure what all would be different, but that process worked perfectly!

Originally Posted by Jeffus View Post
I was having a similar problem with the same setup. I didn't download the tar recommended in the wiki guide; I just used the tar on the system. Here is exactly what I did, if you're interested, although it is very similar to the wiki's with a few minor changes.
I can't get this to work I have an error in the thrid step.

Originally Posted by Amazake View Post
I can't get this to work I have an error in the thrid step.
When you tried doing: "apt-get install e2fsprogs" ? What was the error?

after the 2 Y/Nquestions, which I answered yes to I get a bunch of errors.

I will copy them when I try again tommorrow

I have an issue that is somewhat similar. I boot off of MMC and the boot screen starts, and it looks like everything is good and suddenly, reboot and I am back at the boot menu.
This problem has plagued me many, many time... I am at a loss at to why one day it works perfectly and then another day it goes into a recycle loop???
Any help would be greatly appreciated... This is for the 770