Notices

Closed Thread
Posts: 123 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ New Delhi, India
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
I could make Yappari auto-close the notification if you click on the chat window to make them less of an annoyance that they are not attached to the Yappari chat window.
yes, please do that for the next release. It will be a good workaround untill n if anyone can help with the complete integration of notifications with yappari

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aman18narang For This Useful Post:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...highlight=quim

this is qutIM application theard this application funcation looking same like yappari but this is for im

you know layout tweaks arent important to me whatsapp have one thing you need and that is chatting with your friends and sending stuff
atm works awesome good so we don't need a superb layout or fancy logos but functions is all what matter in whatsapp northing more or less
so drop the ideas of layouts etc because it wont improve overal chat usage

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RDilus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Actually if it's too fancy it becomes slow. I'll leave Yappari as "Maemo" as possible.

In other news with the help of some Maemo hackers I could finally attach the notification to the correct chat window. That took me HOURS to figure out and some emails.

Like I said, 95% of the time is spent in making things work in Maemo. 5% is actual progress...

Well weekend has arrived and I don't code on weekends so we'll see what the next week brings for Yappari.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Hello all!

I just installed Yappari to test it and I found that it works wonderfully! Iīm using the latest testing CSSU with KP50.

Scorpius, thank you very much for your hard work. Iīve been using another Symbian phone just to have whatsapp and I started to think about buying an Android one, but I think you extended my N900īs life for some years more.

I have to say, Iīm especially happy with your programīs design, prioritizing battery life over bells and whistles. Also, being as native as possible will help a lot to save RAM in a device that is so memory-starved.

I sent you a small donation. I hope it encourages you to continue doing this awesome work.

I would suggest you three things:
- It would be much easier to install your program if you upload it to extras-devel or even extras-testing. I found it stable enough for everyday use.
- Please keep the "release early, release often" schedule you had until now. I would be delighted to report any bug as soon as I see it.
- Please keep the project direction. I strongly prefer a lean and efficient app than one that drains my battery life to show the prettiest icons possible.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ungoliant For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
People getting Segmentation Fault or std::bad_alloc when opening contacts (starting Yappari) have their address book corrupted (same for the people with Waze crashing when selecting contacts). They should export the contacts, go to Contacts -> Settings -> Delete all contacts from device, and re-import them, or maybe, import them one by one until you find the offender contact.
Done, and works now, thanks!

hi guys. why does it say my contactts are offline when i open cha windowt?
ps my im and voip accounts are totally disabled?

Originally Posted by tingu699 View Post
hi guys. why does it say my contactts are offline when i open cha windowt?
ps my im and voip accounts are totally disabled?

If its says offline, then your friends are just not logged into their own whatsapp programs.

Were your im and voip accounts even on to begin with ?
( Are they enabled via your N900 Settings>Connectivity page ?)

I have v0.0.10 running, and my im and skype works fine

Originally Posted by optional106 View Post
If its says offline, then your friends are just not logged into their own whatsapp programs.

Were your im and voip accounts even on to begin with ?
( Are they enabled via your N900 Settings>Connectivity page ?)

I have v0.0.10 running, and my im and skype works fine
im accounts were on but disabled through settings. my wife is using whatsap and online. when i switch to NitDroid then it works fine. but yappari shows her and others as offline, and any message sent is not received on oposite side?

Apart from quitting Yappari / re-booting the phone, these are the standard things to test first.

I'm sure your internet connection should be fine if it works on NitDroid..

Its strange that none of your messages are getting through - Yappari works fairly well once a good network connection is present.
Can you even receive Whatapp messages ?

Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp