Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
Originally Posted by schmittlauch View Post
I just want to know what can be achieved with deciding for the better repairable solution/ more available standard part whenever a choice during designing can be made. E.g. not glueing everything together, still using screws and stuff.
I think I remember Chen saying before that he doesn't like gluing things and prefers screws.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Feathers McGraw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Btw., Chen, what's the ETA for the qwertyphone as for now? The Moto Z was to be released in November IIRC, we have December, and everything's silent.

Projects no longer actively developed: here

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 738 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Berlin
Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
Btw., Chen, what's the ETA for the qwertyphone as for now? The Moto Z was to be released in November IIRC, we have December, and everything's silent.
They will have a lot of work with the Youyota Tablet. Read somewhere that it should be shipped this month, when everything works and is delivered. That will have priority number 1 and only then the new smartphone.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cvp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 339 | Thanked: 1,623 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ France
Originally Posted by cvp View Post
They will have a lot of work with the Youyota Tablet. Read somewhere that it should be shipped this month, when everything works and is delivered. That will have priority number 1 and only then the new smartphone.
That is difficult to say, as Chen mentioned a few time that the Youyota project isn't his, he is "only" giving a hand.
Not sure how much work and time that would take him...

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Zeta For This Useful Post:
Posts: 649 | Thanked: 762 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ohio
Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
I'm not a backer, but I believe the keyboard still has not been released. I saw a new keyboard revision only a couple of weeks ago.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to imaginaryenemy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 248 | Thanked: 1,142 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Earth
Originally Posted by Koiruus View Post
I have a J1 phone which got some moisture damage and shortly after this stopped working completely.
I got contacted by another forumer with a broken screen but otherwise working phone. I'll be first investigating that...

Originally Posted by schmittlauch View Post
@DrYak I may also still be looking for a Jolla1 with a fried circuit board or whatever, as long as the display works and it's cheaper than the utopic 200€ working Jolla1s currently cost on EBay.
I might managed to find a J1 with a broken screen to salvage the motherboard.
But maybe Koiruus' screen is still in working shape to repair yours ?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DrYak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 339 | Thanked: 1,623 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ France
Originally Posted by imaginaryenemy View Post
I'm not a backer, but I believe the keyboard still has not been released. I saw a new keyboard revision only a couple of weeks ago.
Indeed. There was an update a few days ago on the IGG: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/k...z#/updates/all

Some relevant extracts (there is a lot of info in it, but mainly out of subject for this thread):
- Final approval by Moto expected on 2nd half of December, the date will be based on all the results above.
- We have spent all the funds raised here on R&D, toolings, factory, tests and certifications. (The actual cost is nearly doubled) We will need to seek for some external financial help on producing those units, it may take extra days to get funds ready. But please rest assured that we do have a plan B and will get this sorted out, it’s only few days that matters.
- The latest (non-optimistic) estimation will be:
* The rest of Non-Battery version in Mid-Jan 2018.
* Standard Battery version will start shipping around 20th Jan
- as the development has been finished, no major showstopper should occur

For all details, please read the announcement...

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Zeta For This Useful Post:
bit late to the party but I'd say go with qualcomm with the best android support we can get and then we can port sfos and whatever else we want.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
What about ditching the hw-qwerty and make it a two screen slider with a qwerty?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
What about ditching the hw-qwerty and make it a two screen slider with a qwerty?
so a virtual keyboard and not physical?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:

Tags
n950 revival, q-device, qwerty keyboard, sailfishos, sailingchen