Notices

Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by insanelysexy View Post
I can not download SystemDataScope. It complains about libkeepalive-glib.rpm in repos.
So far it has always been a problem with the refreshing repositories by the users. Try to run

Code:
pkcon refresh
and try to install again. libkeepalive-glib is one of the backbone libs and I doubt that Jolla has removed it from repos. Please let me know whether refresh helped.

Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
So far it has always been a problem with the refreshing repositories by the users. Try to run

Code:
pkcon refresh
and try to install again. libkeepalive-glib is one of the backbone libs and I doubt that Jolla has removed it from repos. Please let me know whether refresh helped.
Works now. Thank you.

The Following User Says Thank You to insanelysexy For This Useful Post:
I would like to make users aware of a bug reported by @ossi1967: https://github.com/rinigus/systemdatascope/issues/39 . At this stage, I don't know what causes it. However, please watch out for it on Sailfish X (maybe also some other devices?). Those of you who is experiencing something like it, please report via github or here.

Posts: 635 | Thanked: 1,535 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Germany
Never experienced this behaviour on the Nexus5 with this excellent piece of software!

The Following User Says Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
New minor updates of collectd and SystemDataScope are out and add swap statistics. The swap module was suggested by @Self-Perfection, thank you!

For those interested in swap usage and I/O (probably J1 and JC users), plugin should be enabled automatically if you haven't altered /etc/collectd.conf manually. If you and want swap stats, just uncomment line https://github.com/rinigus/collectd/...ectd.conf#L186 .

Swap plots will be enabled after you run new collectd for a little bit and press Generate in SystemDataScope/Settings. Plots are under Memory overview section.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
I will have to look into it, but devices with root partitions on sda (Xperia XZ2, XZ3; Pro1; OnePlus 5) will have lots of disk-activity related logs. As a result, collectd will be slow and may have impact on battery. I am planning to make fix it and probably will look into whether to update collectd stack as well.

As a workaround, you can adjust /etc/collectd.conf to have disk section as

Code:
<Plugin disk>
	# This keeps the physical disk data and filters out partition data assuming that
	# partitions have a form abcp23, as opposed to the disk abc
	Disk "/^.*[[:digit:]]+$/"
	IgnoreSelected true
#	UseBSDName false
#	UdevNameAttr "DEVNAME"
</Plugin>
(don't promise timely release, though)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Updated collectd and rrdtool are out. Note that the updated collectd is built against updated rrdtool and will probably not work with older rrdtool. So, update the both of them.

Main changes are in configuration of collectd that should record now disk activity only for the main storage devices. This change was required by new SFOS ports such as Xperia Tama and, I suspect, for Pro 1, 1+5.

In addition, script syncing logs between /tmp and ~nemo has been enhanced to svoid false-skipping of changed file by rsync. Was rather common on XZ2 for me.

I have not decided whether to work on merging my changes with collectd upstream, as its significant amount of work that is not guaranteed to be merged. Maybe later.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Apr 2020 @ Germany
Hi rinigus,

after upgrading my i4293 to 3.3.0.14 I noticed SDS and collectd had been uninstalled. Trying to reinstall resulted in error messages about nothing providing libgcrypt.so.11 which is being needed by collectd-5.5.0.git ...

Is there any way around this?

The Following User Says Thank You to Kopekenscheich For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Kopekenscheich View Post
Hi rinigus,

after upgrading my i4293 to 3.3.0.14 I noticed SDS and collectd had been uninstalled. Trying to reinstall resulted in error messages about nothing providing libgcrypt.so.11 which is being needed by collectd-5.5.0.git ...

Is there any way around this?
No, not yet. We have to get SFOS 3.3 at OBS

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
collectd has been found to brak SFOS update to 3.3: https://together.jolla.com/question/...emove-failure/

Fix is released, but not tested on update yet. As the risk of messing up update is too large, I would recommend to uninstall SystemDataScope and collectd before doing SFOS update.

If someone has tested the updated collectd with updating SFOS, please let me know whether it was successful.

There are no changes in functionality, its the update in RPM install script only.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post: