Poll: What's your ultimate N9 OS solution?
Poll Options
What's your ultimate N9 OS solution?

In meego lack of apps...then i have to use ICS nitdroid for PDF editor, painting apps with lot of posibilities, telefax for free and office that on meego does not exist jet....
I don't play games on phone.
I don't think that Jolla will support our existing phones, thatfor i'm not willing to go for tinny new platform and allways hoppe for better..., sed but if there is no better update or better apps...i will have to move!

Last edited by An9; 2012-10-29 at 11:13.

Originally Posted by glabifrons View Post
Has this changed in JB from ICS?
I ask as I'm wondering if you're referring to the "recent list"... swiping an app from there doesn't necessarily kill it, it only removes it from the displayed list of recent apps (notice the current app is never listed). It's either already dead, or still running after you swipe it away. To actually stop a running app is a royal pain in android, requiring you to launch "settings", scroll down to apps, select the "running" tab, scroll though the list of apps and services, select the one you want to kill, then click "stop". Kind of a pain, really.
That's why there are so many app killer apps out there.

What you've described, however, sounds exactly like WebOS... to kill an app, you just fling it off the top. You can also pull down like stretching a slingshot's bungie and shoot it off the top. The TouchPad even has an Easter egg when you do it upside-down. Maybe the Jolla guys will borrow that from OpenWebOS.
There is one big reason why we are starting to see similarities between Android and webOS... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matias_Duarte

As for me, I stopped bothering with Android on my phones because I just did not use it enough. My n900 still has Gingerbread on it. However I do have CM9 on my Touchpad for a few games and will look forward to upgrading to CM10 soon enough.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Well talent knows no boundaries...

Peter Skillman: http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/peter-skillman/0/499/879

Its the reason why our N9 is much better; he is the reason we have a quick launch bar too

On a similar note, the talent factory, if we can call it as such, is simply IDEO...The amount of talent they have/churn out is really commendable...

Last edited by thedead1440; 2012-10-29 at 12:25.

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 42 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ culpeper,va.
Multitasking! It's a big issue on android, by curiosity when you are on a call, open the camera to take a pic and send it on a mms. It sucks! Even Iphone can do it, piece of cake on N900, N9.

Where is BBX? It should be on the poll too.

Originally Posted by geektech View Post
Multitasking! It's a big issue on android, by curiosity when you are on a call, open the camera to take a pic and send it on a mms. It sucks! Even Iphone can do it, piece of cake on N900, N9.

Where is BBX? It should be on the poll too.
BB10 cannot be installed on to the n9, so it has not been listed.