Hey guys ...

Just want to know what you think about this...

I like the idea, that pdfs are just cutted in their height not in their width.

Sort of a limousine version of the regular one, eh ? And you can fit two or three batteries inside too :-)

Posts: 564 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Fayetteville, GA
Originally Posted by fpp
Sort of a limousine version of the regular one, eh ? And you can fit two or three batteries inside too :-)
Now that's what I call "extended" battery life. You sure wouldn't want to mess with someone with one of those. Looks like a leathal weapon to me.
3pm - So good, it's illegal

Posts: 69 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Boston, Massachusetts
Is that a nokia 77000 in your pants or are you happy to see me?

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
oooooooooo, I like!

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
this is just stupid, but I guess my wife could fend off a mugger with it

I REALLY think that this would be a good idea - with just a minor modification: not that wide, but also higher. Just a bigger screen (U know, I'm getting older). Just repeating from a provious post:

One thing ... which I could imagine - and would recommend to Nokia - is a device which would electrically be identical, but just have a bigger screen (double the diagonal = 4 times the area. Same resolution, just bigger pixels). Same look. Possibly two batteries instead of one, but no other extras. Then sell it at exactly the same price as the 770.

Why that:
Diversify for different user populations without getting into trouble with incompatibility issues.
Relatively easy to develop (electrically identical). Bigger screens are lower tech, might even be cheaper in purchasing. Manufacturing would also not be that different (well, somewhat, for the mechanics...)

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by christianhauck
I REALLY think that this would be a good idea - with just a minor modification: not that wide, but also higher. Just a bigger screen (U know, I'm getting older). Just repeating from a provious post:

One thing ... which I could imagine - and would recommend to Nokia - is a device which would electrically be identical, but just have a bigger screen (double the diagonal = 4 times the area. Same resolution, just bigger pixels). Same look. Possibly two batteries instead of one, but no other extras. Then sell it at exactly the same price as the 770.

Why that:
Diversify for different user populations without getting into trouble with incompatibility issues.
Relatively easy to develop (electrically identical). Bigger screens are lower tech, might even be cheaper in purchasing. Manufacturing would also not be that different (well, somewhat, for the mechanics...)
If you want a bigger 770, I suggest you look for a second-hand Fujitsu Stylistic 3400 or a Siemens SimPad SL4. Both are 800x600, both can be Linux-ified and both are rather good computers. Their battery life is not as good as the 770's, though.

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Y'know... you *could* just rotate the unit 90° and view it in portrait format.

Originally Posted by Karel Jansens
If you want a bigger 770, I suggest you look for a second-hand Fujitsu Stylistic 3400 or a Siemens SimPad SL4. Both are 800x600, both can be Linux-ified and both are rather good computers. Their battery life is not as good as the 770's, though.
I do have a Fujitsu P2110 (Windows / Linux dual boot) and I like it. (screen is 1280 x 768, 9 inch;, 3 pounds). But it was considerably more expensive. And: software-wise, it's not a 1:1 clone of the 770. My idea here was to introduce diversity without major development effort and possible inconsistencies at Nokia.

Last edited by christianhauck; 2006-09-07 at 15:12.