Posts: 185 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Texas
Originally Posted by sachin007 View Post
I got this error message..... "Couldn't find package wget"

what to do?? please help. I got my new nokia bh headset just today and i am excited to connect it .... some one please help.

Thanks
Install this:

http://maemo.org/downloads/product/wget

Should do the trick...

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
I am getting this error "sbc-svn_20070608-1 armel.deb..... i installed sbn from the kaju site but it still gives teh above error.

Someone help. Thanks

Posts: 185 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Texas
Originally Posted by sachin007 View Post
I am getting this error "sbc-svn_20070608-1 armel.deb..... i installed sbn from the kaju site but it still gives teh above error.

Someone help. Thanks
You might try uninstalling that package and then start from Square #1, using Milhouse's install that is at the beginning of the thread. Doing that, there should be no errors.

I set mine up before Milhouse posted this tutorial, but I followed the directions that trevarthan originally posted on the Kagu site. I followed them exactly in the order they were listed, and I had no problems, although I also got a bit stuck like you when I had to install wget.

Thank you orbital comp for trying to help me. Everything goes well until i come to the./install followed by the blue tooth address.... it still says "sbc-svn_20070608-1 armel.deb not found." I can see it installed in the application manager. As per your idea i uninstalled it and again installed it.....but the same error. Some one please help. I desperately need this ad2p headset to work. I ll check back later. Thanks for everyone

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Read and follow the instructions carefully - don't pass the bluetooth address as a parameter when you are the root user, pass it only when you are the normal user "user". Then switch to root and run install.sh again but this time *without* the bluetooth parameter.

If I get time maybe I'll change the script so that you only need to run install.sh once as user (and have it switch to root automatically when required) but for now it's a two step process that requires you to follow the instructions.

Last edited by Milhouse; 2007-08-24 at 01:10.

Than you very much milhouse...... that did the trick. I am sorry for my ignorance in linux. Someday after i am done with my medical boards.... i will learn it. I just love my tablet. Thanks.

And one more thing. how do we play internet radio streams using mplayer and then stream them to the bluetooth headset?
Reply whenever you are free.

Streaming is out of my league... I think you'll have to wait for full A2DP integration with the rest of the Nokia firmware or play around with mplayer -ao alsa:device=a2dpd2 may work.

Am in a quandary. I don't want to buy Bluetooth headphones until I'm reasonably certain I can install Milhouse's apparently quite-laudable hack. However, try as I might, I cannot install wget on my N800 with its newly updated operating system. (I had successfully installed it on the last N800 updated operating system, which has now been replaced.) I've tried to install it both using the command line method (with apt-get) and the Maemo download method. Neither works, although others have apparently succeeded. Can any of those "others" provide me with alternative options for me in this regard? Installing wget shouldn't any longer be such a problem. It's been a Nokia Internet application for a long time now -- and I've previously installed and used it!

I had the same problem initially... But i went to maemo.org and installed it without any problems. May be some other application is preventing the installation.

ascherjim - in case you haven't already tried it, what about downloading the Bora wget deb from here and installing it manually (dpkg -i)?

What errors are you getting when you try to install wget? It does sound as though you've installed or upgraded something which now causes wget to choke.

Last edited by Milhouse; 2007-09-05 at 02:18.