Closed Thread
Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
http://maemo.org/community/brainstor...all_recording/ moved to Implemented, selecting "Solution #2: Write a separate utility to record calls"

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 384 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Romania
without autostart I don't see any use af this aplication! It's rely so hard to add it? And a menu with settings will be welcomed! Thanks!

Posts: 883 | Thanked: 980 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bern, Switzerland
Originally Posted by puiradu View Post
without autostart I don't see any use af this aplication! It's rely so hard to add it? And a menu with settings will be welcomed! Thanks!
a) Outgoing: You can always start it before calling someone
b) Incoming: After you answered a call, say "Hold on, one moment please", go to the desktop, turn on the recording
c) I'm working on a configurable version

Autostart might be difficult.

"the idea of truly having a computer in your pocket just moved a big step closer."

The Following User Says Thank You to twaelti For This Useful Post:
Posts: 125 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sao Paulo, Brazil
Originally Posted by twaelti View Post
b) Incoming: After you answered a call, say "Hold on, one moment please", go to the desktop, turn on the recording

It is possible to connect to dbus and receive the messages of incoming and outgoing calls. And if configured for that, the call record could start automatically.

The problem is find the correct dbus message....even using dbus-monitor!

Rather than going back to Desktop, could we place it as an option on the actual Phone UI? ie next to Mute or when ringing, option to Answer + Record (start recaller).

At the moment, I have the soft-camera key hack which takes me back decently quick.

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by Venomrush View Post
Rather than going back to Desktop, could we place it as an option on the actual Phone UI? ie next to Mute or when ringing, option to Answer + Record (start recaller).
I'm pretty sure the phone UI isn't open-source, or extendable by third-parties, so only Nokia could implement that.

Posts: 883 | Thanked: 980 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bern, Switzerland
Originally Posted by jaguilar View Post
It is possible to connect to dbus and receive the messages of incoming and outgoing calls. And if configured for that, the call record could start automatically.
The problem is find the correct dbus message....even using dbus-monitor!
I know about D-Bus, don't worry And you wouldn't listen to incoming call mesages, but to call-accepted messages. However, one should better use telepathy (once the API becomes available) - but then I might neeed python bindings, too....
OTOH, doing it with D-Bus I might have to tackle the problem that com.nokia.csd seemingly only communciates over the system d-bus, not the session one. So I probably need to change the security settings to get access to that.
Well, one thing after the other, fileformats, audiosources and savefolder first

"the idea of truly having a computer in your pocket just moved a big step closer."

The Following User Says Thank You to twaelti For This Useful Post:
Posts: 172 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sweden
Well, one thing after the other, fileformats, audiosources and savefolder first
Hmmm, I have a suggestion that you could prepare for when doing those things. Once auto-recording works (I assume it will, at some point), a nice feature would be if it simply always records and then just keeps the log around for, say a week (or some configurable period). Every time the app starts recording, all recordings older than a week are automatically deleted. To save them, (1) you could manually copy them out before time is up, (2) the app might let you "save" a recording to an external file (i.e. make the copy for you), or (3) you could tag files to keep around indefinitely.

The point is that call recording works fully automatically and you never have to think about it. You just always have a full log of all calls you made the last week.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stefanmohl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 8 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Vampula, Finland
http://maemocentral.com/2010/02/22/h...s-on-the-n900/

Could this trick be used to automate to enable recording?

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ New Delhi, India
hi..i had a probem with the recaller this morning..whenever i use to open file manager or application manager, recaller used to start by itself..i tried disabling the widget etc but was no good..finally i decided to remove the application from the phone but even after that it did not uninstall properly and recaller kept starting again ...finally i reboot the phone and saw that recaller was uninstalled and have no problems since..any body faced the same issue?

Closed Thread