Notices

Being very concerned about QStardict, I am going to develop an alternative GUI.

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Rotterdam, Netherlands
Originally Posted by @SR View Post
aspidites
Sorry it's really setProperty("FingerScrollable", true); right now in my source... I remember that I found two references for this but they were different (FingerScrollable and FingerScrolling)...
I wonder if this parameter is in official Qt documentation.
I've found the solution for my version of QStarDict, please check at garage's svn page:

https://garage.maemo.org/plugins/scm...&r1=212&r2=222

Anyway I suggest we combine our effors and finally finish this semi-hildonization. We discussed plan for new [q]stardict UI with Tomasz, let's create a chatroom, etc for this. What you you think, @SR?

These are links to my armel and x86 packages - http://antimirov.net/it/maemo/qstard...o.r3_armel.deb, http://antimirov.net/it/maemo/qstard...mo.r3_i386.deb

screenshots from SDK(little crippy because of SDK glitches, on real device it's ok):

Last edited by turist; 2010-01-06 at 13:59.

Almost forgot!

Before installing remove "/home/user/.config/qstardict/qstardict.conf", copy dictionaries to "~/MyDocs/stardict/dic" and it should work. The only thing left from urgent tasks is this ugly dialog "Stardict plugin
settings" I cannot fix, want to sleep so much.

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
AFAIK Fingerscrolling won't work with the 4.5.3 Qt that was distributed with release units (later git versions have it), and QMaemo5KineticScroller is Qt 4.6... I'm just saying this because if you want to push to Extras-testing and Extras, that might cause an oops or two.

See http://wiki.maemo.org/Qt4_Hildon#FREMANTLE_.28Qt_4.5.29 for some details.

Posts: 344 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Los Angeles
Please make dictionaries installable directly. At the moment, I've had nothing but problems. Why not directly from repos (linked)? Thanks!

Originally Posted by sorodoros View Post
Please make dictionaries installable directly. At the moment, I've had nothing but problems. Why not directly from repos (linked)?
So with Transmission torrent client you also expect a full list of movies in a bundle? Most of dictionaries are not free, some of these are from my Lingvo(Windows program) and some are illegal from Babylon. I'm afraid you will have to find them yourself.

Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
AFAIK Fingerscrolling won't work with the 4.5.3 Qt that was distributed with release units (later git versions have it), and QMaemo5KineticScroller is Qt 4.6... I'm just saying this because if you want to push to Extras-testing and Extras, that might cause an oops or two.

See http://wiki.maemo.org/Qt4_Hildon#FREMANTLE_.28Qt_4.5.29 for some details.
Thank you for the comment.

Now I expect this application to be used by the users who really need dictionary. And in future it will automatically work without modification with Qt 4.6. It would be a mess to support it for several Qt version. It's mainly the reason why I did not release my version of QStarDict earlier even when basic functionality was ready in the beginning of November. Lack of kinetic scrolling and crippy Diablo-style menus - I did not want to release this to masses.

Posts: 344 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Los Angeles
Originally Posted by turist View Post
So with Transmission torrent client you also expect a full list of movies in a bundle? Most of dictionaries are not free, some of these are from my Lingvo(Windows program) and some are illegal from Babylon. I'm afraid you will have to find them yourself.
That's fine, but still the installation process is not very friendly and most users won't go there. Why not simplify it and make it usable for anyone?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sorodoros For This Useful Post:
That's fine, but still the installation process is not very friendly and most users won't go there. Why not simplify it and make it usable for anyone?
How? User can download something in tar.bz as a pure dictionary file, zip folder with set of files or even the full English wikipedia with cache. How can program know all this? I know an application for iPhone that comes with simple dictionaries and is able to download a lot of dictionaries on demand, but that's paid service and those dictionaries cost money and it's not even possible to upload them anywhere without being sued by Babylon or Abbyy. I don't see a problem to download a dictionary and then unpack it to some specific directory, there is even an option to define several directories to these dictionaries.

One solution that I can suggest is to unpack all zip/tar.gz files found in the defined dirs into the same directory with removal of the archive files.

One example you may like

Everyone has a big set of mp3 files at home and no one is scared to manually copy music to N900's '.sounds/' directory. Why do you think it's more diffucult to connect N900 via USB and then copy dictionaries from PC's data dir to N900's 'E:\stardict\dic' ?

Tags
bada rox, help i'm stuck