A week prior to the release of OS2006 my Nokia n770 was stolen . I have recovered from the loss and am now looking for a new one. Unfortunatly the nokia web site is out of stock, along with CompUSA where I bought my first one. The only place I found is Tiger Direct and they are charging too much. Does anyone have any thoughts on why the 770 is so difficult to get right now? Are they clearing the channel for a hardware upgrade or is it just so popular they cannot make enough?

Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

Anton, a friend of mine at Nokia Finland told me that they can't make enough. They have sorted out most of their stock issues here in Europe, but not in the US. So, patience is the only option I am afraid, or try e-bay, there are some on there as well, just marginally more expensive than Nokia Direct

If you are in the US, Nokia has them in stock, with free 2-day shipping right now (I just checked).

I had bought mine from them and they shipped the same day.

OK , I am really confused Anton:

The Nokia is also available at Compusa, right now - in stock.

Free shipping and no tax from Nokia, in stock.

I got mine from Fry's: it is available online...

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Anton: Where are you anyway? I'm in Toronto and the only Tiger Direct I've heard of is just north of the city... the ones they have there they probably shouldn't be selling because the only way they could get them is if Nokia shipped to the U.S. or if they bought them at CompUSA/Fry's, and jacked up the price for resale. (They're something like $560 CDN and the CDN dollar and US dollar are pretty close now)

Hmm, well the CompUSA website still says it is not available either on the web or in stores. Of course the Nokia site has them in stock today, but not when I checked yesterday. That will teach me to post without looking again.

I am in the Minneapolis area so I don't think of Fry's but I will make sure to check their site as well.

Hedgecore; I was looking at the Tiger Direct Web site (I didn't know they had stores) and I won't buy from them due to issues with them selling stuff they maybe don't have the legal right too.

Thanks for all the help, I will let you know when I reaquire my 770 (hopefully soon)

It is available at Compusa. They list two models - the old and the new (OS2006). The latter is in stock for shipping and in most stores. The former is not available. Check again.

http://www.compusa.com/products/prod...nternet_Tablet

Originally Posted by Anton
Hedgecore; I was looking at the Tiger Direct Web site (I didn't know they had stores) and I won't buy from them due to issues with them selling stuff they maybe don't have the legal right too.
Why do you say that Tiger Direct is selling units that they don't have a right to sell? I bought mine from Tiger Direct (through Amazon) and I don't think that Amazon would partner with a store that doesn't have a legal right to sell the product. Where did you get your information from? Actually, Tiger Direct was the only store that had them in stock when I bought mine last month. They were more expensive than NokiaUSA or CompUSA, but since they don't have a business interest in my state, did not collect sales tax. They ended up being only a few dollars more than CompUSA and they get a better rating on resellerratings.com. They are not even close to the quality of store as someone like Newegg, but Newegg doesn't sell the 770.

Tigerdirect sells the 770 in Canada for can$ 482.- http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applicatio...&sku=N529-0006

It is 100% legal...