Notices

I configured and prepared packages of 3 programs to recognize gestures on the n900. May be useful to someone.

Gestikk (python) - it has assigned one gesture: "<". You can add own gestures but only on pc and then copy ~/.gestikk/gestures.conf to maemo. Be careful, one person after installing this had to do reflash

Wayv - it has assigned few gestures: CTRL + ^ - terminal, I - fullscreen, L - Flash with kmplayer. If you want more, see the /etc/wayv.conf and DEFAULT.wkey. Additionally it recognize tap/slide of the right edge of the screen like in Nemo and run taskmanager.

qt-slide - just move your finger from the left side of screen. CSSU-testing/thumb is necessary (maybe just CSSU-stable - not tested) and screenshot-tool. It does not work properly in fullscreen apps.
Attached Files
File Type: deb gestikk-maemo.deb (20.7 KB, 90 views)
File Type: deb wayv-n900.deb (27.2 KB, 103 views)
File Type: deb screenshot-tool_1.23-2_armel.deb (5.3 KB, 220 views)
File Type: deb qt-slide_1.deb (25.2 KB, 200 views)

Last edited by riv64; 2012-11-23 at 16:56.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to riv64 For This Useful Post:
how did you get gestikk to install? When I try to install it using HAM it says incompatible package. It depends on wx. Are wx widgets available for Maemo?

The Following User Says Thank You to computerinfo21 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Quick reply...
Bumping because it's an interesting concept. There is a kind of wxWidgets for Fremantle, in Extras-Devel.
Best wishes.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by riv64 View Post
I configured and prepared packages of 2 programs to recognize gestures on the n900. May be useful to someone.

Gestikk (python) - it has assigned one gesture: "<". You can add own gestures but only on pc and then copy ~/.gestikk/gestures.conf to maemo. Be careful, one person after installing this had to do reflash

Wayv - it has assigned few gestures: CTRL + ^ - terminal, I - fullscreen, L - Flash with kmplayer. If you want more, see the /etc/wayv.conf and DEFAULT.wkey. Additionally it recognize tap/slide of the right edge of the screen like in Nemo and run taskmanager.
Well I decided to go for wayv since I couldn't get anywhere with gestikk. Same thing with wayv, but installing via dpkg in terminal let it install.

riv64, I am intrigued, this is really cool. You set it up to recognize a swipe from the right side of the screen and it looks like from the bottom as well. But I have not been able to get a swipe from the bottom up to work, is it a different gesture than straight up (trying to swipe up from outside screen like the right side is straight left)?

Thanks for providing this, starting to dream of some cool stuff now...

The Following User Says Thank You to computerinfo21 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by computerinfo21 View Post
how did you get gestikk to install? When I try to install it using HAM it says incompatible package. It depends on wx. Are wx widgets available for Maemo?
You should enable extras-devel repository then in terminal
dpkg -i gestikk-maemo.deb
apt-get -f install

Originally Posted by computerinfo21 View Post
it looks like from the bottom as wel.
"/etc/wayv-bottom.conf" it's only for portrait mode. If you want more just edit configuration files.

Now I'm doing something completely useless. Just proof of concept (qtslide)

Last edited by riv64; 2012-11-23 at 11:20.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to riv64 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 863 | Thanked: 213 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Goa
@riv64
is that a harmattan swipe? ohh **** my eyes were waiting to see this stuff plz bring it on

The Following User Says Thank You to seanmcken For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
thanks riv64, your post made my day.

sorry my night as its night here

The Following User Says Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:
Posts: 863 | Thanked: 213 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Goa
plz plz share ur settings

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to seanmcken For This Useful Post:
Posts: 131 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Indonesia
Yesss share your setting pls..
it is so interesting!

The Following User Says Thank You to Dhicky For This Useful Post: