Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 708 | Thanked: 125 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Too Close To D.C
Please lets not hijack this tread, thanks.

I have tried tinkering with the volume control, but still do not get audio on my nokia n810. I also have not been successful in setting up an account for the built in internet phone. (after following the advice on fromthefence). Could someone out there take me through step-by-step. this is becoming annoying. thanks in advance

Posts: 177 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Washington State, USA
Originally Posted by mmedwick View Post
Could someone out there take me through step-by-step. this is becoming annoying. thanks in advance
Somebody already has, in ten different ways. Please use the search function.

Google Custom Search For Maemo

Originally Posted by epage View Post
Persistent about that changelog huh? Man, its almost as if you expect some magical feature to be in it
* Notification support
!!! That's pretty freakin' magical IMO. I had a weird feeling it was going to be finally included. Now that I have GV-notifier hacked all to **** just how I like it, I suppose I'm ready to install this and get started on customizing to my liking.

Did you use addisjon's code? I guess I'll have to open 'er up and find out.

If there's specific things you'd like me to test, just let me know. I'm a constant user of Dialcentral and pretty comfortable mucking around.

The Following User Says Thank You to gogol For This Useful Post:
Anyone know what's going on? Rebooted and the app no longer works:

Code:
~ $ python2.5 /usr/bin/dialcentral.py
python2.5[1709]: GLIB WARNING ** libglade - unknown property `orientation' for class `GtkVBox'
python2.5[1709]: GLIB WARNING ** libglade - unknown property `orientation' for class `GtkVBox'
/usr/lib/dialcentral/dc_glade.py:348: UserWarning: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/dialcentral/dc_glade.py", line 215, in _idle_setup
    self._alarmHandler = alarm_handler.AlarmHandler()
  File "/usr/lib/dialcentral/alarm_handler.py", line 27, in __init__
    self._alarmdDBus = bus.get_object("com.nokia.alarmd", "/com/nokia/alarmd");
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/dbus/bus.py", line 244, in get_object
    follow_name_owner_changes=follow_name_owner_changes)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/dbus/proxies.py", line 241, in __init__
    self._named_service = conn.activate_name_owner(bus_name)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/dbus/bus.py", line 183, in activate_name_owner
    self.start_service_by_name(bus_name)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/dbus/bus.py", line 281, in start_service_by_name
    'su', (bus_name, flags)))
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/dbus/connection.py", line 607, in call_blocking
    message, timeout)
DBusException: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name com.nokia.alarmd was not provided by any .service files

self._errorDisplay.push_exception()

I'm getting similar errors concerning alarmd:

Code:
/usr/lib/dialcentral/dc_glade.py:348: UserWarning: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/dialcentral/dc_glade.py", line 215, in _idle_setup
    self._alarmHandler = alarm_handler.AlarmHandler()
  File "/usr/lib/dialcentral/alarm_handler.py", line 27, in __init__
    self._alarmdDBus = bus.get_object("com.nokia.alarmd", "/com/nokia/alarmd");
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/dbus/bus.py", line 244, in get_object
    follow_name_owner_changes=follow_name_owner_changes)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/dbus/proxies.py", line 241, in __init__
    self._named_service = conn.activate_name_owner(bus_name)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/dbus/bus.py", line 183, in activate_name_owner
    self.start_service_by_name(bus_name)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/dbus/bus.py", line 281, in start_service_by_name
    'su', (bus_name, flags)))
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/dbus/connection.py", line 607, in call_blocking
    message, timeout)
DBusException: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name com.nokia.alarmd was not provided by any .service files
This happened when I changed the line in settings.ini under [alarm] called recurrence to 6 instead of 0.

...probably because there's no such .service file as 'com.nokia.alarmd.service in /usr/share/dbus-1/services/

Last edited by gogol; 2009-08-16 at 22:23.

But now even if you rename your settings and cookies files, you'll still receive the same error.

no matter which of the ten different sets of directions I use, I can't get the audio to work or the internet client to give me anything but a big black exclamation point. And I have tried this on my home network and other wifi spots as well. Works fine from landlines, but can't get my nokia to replace my cellphone yet.

Originally Posted by mmedwick View Post
no matter which of the ten different sets of directions I use, I can't get the audio to work or the internet client to give me anything but a big black exclamation point. And I have tried this on my home network and other wifi spots as well. Works fine from landlines, but can't get my nokia to replace my cellphone yet.
I'd send you a PM and try and help, but you have it disabled in your Maemo.org prefs. I'd love to try, but I don't want to clutter this thread. Re-enable PMS and I'll do my best to be an IT for ya

getting this error when I try to use Grand Central now and I can't get it to allow me enter my user login, it deleted all my info. I deleted dial central, rebooted, reinstalled and still get the same error. After I turned on msg notification and tryed to change the zero to one inside dial central. Any other programs out there for calling out with google?

thanks

Last edited by falconx; 2009-08-16 at 23:34.