Active Topics

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Indiana
I didn't see anyone else's post, and since this isn't really a "deal" persay nor promo pricing, I threw it in here. If anyone feels it is necessary to move this post, fine by me.

Just running through the Sunday newspaper ads for Indianapolis and saw the N800 listed for $299.99 starting tomorrow. I did a search on their website and found it, currently listed at $399.99. Of course, no joy when I searched for the N810. It doesn't appear to be available in-store (imagine that) and it isn't a great price, but it's easily returnable to a store if someone buys it, tries it, sees the 810 and likes it better, they should have time to return the N800.

Here's a link to the item itelf: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1179876481656

Maybe this is the precursor to finding the N810 in the mass merchant CE stores again...perhaps online only though.

Heck, might be worth watching the Overstock Auctions in the next few months- Best Buy tends to dump oddball product there.

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Ingleside, IL
You are correct. That is no deal.

http://www.buy.com/prod/nokia-n800-i...204055141.html

But if they start to stock & promote N800's, that might help sell a bunch more.

Originally Posted by gerald_clark View Post
You are correct. That is no deal.

http://www.buy.com/prod/nokia-n800-i...204055141.html
No kidding. I just got mine last week for $217 with free shipping from Buy.com. (They had a 5% off code.)

BestBuy does seem to be offering a free 2GB memory card with the N800, though that certainly doesn't make up the difference between their price and Buy.com's.

Just got my iPod touch from BestBuy.com at $299 + sales tax.
Tried to get N800 from buy.com, unfortunately administrator at this site
deleted 2 urgent requests and offered delivery by Amazon at much higher price.

Darius

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
The administrator here has nothing to do with buy.com or Amazon, nor would he have any control over if you could or could not get it. He was just trying to help since you kept saying URGENT URGENT!@#!@#!@#!@#!@ GIVE ME STUFF NOW!!!@#!@#!@

Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
The administrator here has nothing to do with buy.com or Amazon, nor would he have any control over if you could or could not get it. He was just trying to help since you kept saying URGENT URGENT!@#!@#!@#!@#!@ GIVE ME STUFF NOW!!!@#!@#!@
You are completely wrong.
What he did was deleting 2 urgent requests from
Deals&Promos and Buy&Sell forums,
killing poor students' chance to buy 5 Nokia 800 from buy.com ,based on first hand experience of other Nokia 800 users with buy.com.
They have lost more than $500 , having to arrange other form of off-line ordering and delivery and they have lost their chance to join with R&D project for Nokia N810 competition in due time.

Darius

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
The poor students couldn't figure out how to contact buy.com without going through this site. Aw...