Active Topics

Posts: 562 | Thanked: 1,732 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ NYC
Originally Posted by fw190 View Post
Maybe my language barrier is to big to sometimes understand everything as clearly as intended by a native speaker. Working on it.

I also stand in a position that my arguments stand What for do you need 4k? To consume shitty entertainment? Soon there will be 8k to consume it even better. The price tag will be even bigger and people will be praising that this is it, and they have to have it, and obviously pay for it. It's 8k men!!! It has to cost!

Always the new and shiny. And always the need to have it. But people don't think why on earth do they need it? To evolve into a better person? To streamline work so they can do it faster and than evolve into a better person? Nope. To watch another **** on Netflix or play games for hours - you name it. Education, tooling for work so you can work less and... ahhh. What am I writing about. So unpopular. You are right. time to save money and buy a toy. This will push me further...

No hard feelings - just bitching around about today's world.

Cheers

No hard feelings, my open source/ open hardware loving brethren.

I think we agree on many things. I feel people in general are caught up in this over consumerism upgrade buying pattern. And many feel they NEED the latest and greatest ... sign.

I used to be an overly progress type, but have learned that there is a cost to everything, beyond the prices on the label. The cost can be the environment, you mind, our relationships... etc.

But it is still real freedom ... no? To be able to choose to spend more than you make, to buy something new all the time, to spend your time on the computer instead of with friends or family. True freedom is being able to make mistakes.

So yeah, I hear yah. Todays world can be great or the most challenging life test. But still choose to believe that we all have more opportunities now WITH technology as it is to make something out of it. But we also can choose to wallow in the cramp of the internet, news, people. which can bring us all down.

Without smart caring people it would be a lot worst world, which is what I hope is my tiny part in the big game of life

Cheers
x

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 150 | Thanked: 169 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Sweden
I won't even consider buying this until there is a fully working alternative OS like for example Sailfish ready to flash. Until then, any device with Android would just be a useless brick to me. I don't need more paper weights.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to bocephus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 182 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by bocephus View Post
I won't even consider buying this until there is a fully working alternative OS like for example Sailfish ready to flash. Until then, any device with Android would just be a useless brick to me. I don't need more paper weights.
Gemini PDA got Sailfish quite fast, I think. I hope that also Fx will get SFOS soon.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Metsämies For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bocephus View Post
I actually asked chenliangchen on Twitter whether Linux or SFOS would become available on the phone next to Android, and then I got banned...

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ThomasAH For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by Metsämies View Post
Gemini PDA got Sailfish quite fast, I think. I hope that also Fx will get SFOS soon.
It's up to the community to get SF and/or Maemo-Leste on this device.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by ThomasAH View Post
I actually asked chenliangchen on Twitter whether Linux or SFOS would become available on the phone next to Android, and then I got banned...
Whaaaaat!!!?????

That does not bode well

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Whaaaaat!!!?????

That does not bode well
... and it stands in contrast to the statement here:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...0&postcount=17

or can I read it the way, that the new device comes with stock android.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
It's up to the community to get SF and/or Maemo-Leste on this device.
After Youyota I wouldn't be surprised if Jolla doesn't really want to talk to Chen about any future products, and it sound like Chen didn't have the best of time with them either to be fair.

But i'm sure chen will try and make sure the required pieces are available for community hybris ports of different systems

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to r0kk3rz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
I am not sure what happened but I didn't and never banned anyone. Even not sure how to do that...

BTW I have actually answered similar questions multiple times. Will ship with Android by default, but will support other OSes as much as I can. Will start with Lineage OS and I will provide free device to the developer. Also SFOS and Maemo L or even Ubuntu Touch.

The Following 35 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
I have just checked my sources. No one has been banned. I don't know what you're talking about...
Edit: ninja'd

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit