Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
So i was thinking about flashing my Nokia N900 and starting from scratch but with all these threads about patches and tweaks i dont know where to start lol. I have like loads of bookmarks with different things and it would just be nice to have a list of things i should install to get the most out of my Nokia N900. Sorry if there is allready a thread but i couldnt find it. I havnt flashed it yet, just want some comments and help first on what to install.

Should i flash with the 5gb image or 8gb image?

once i done this do i install power kernal 49? titan,etc?

do i install the cssu.

Do i install speed patch, battery patch, swappolube, etc?

What tweaks? best transitions, full portait support, etc. make microb faster.

What apps? eg themecustomizer, conky, cleann900, FAM, qtlockscreen, tracker cfg, tweak flash plugin etc. What do you use?

Sorry for the mess, just need abit of help. Had a few more questions but forgot lol. Thankyou for your time and help if you respond A little guide with some steps would be great.

Last edited by vir3us; 2011-09-26 at 21:03.

Posts: 723 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Kuching:Malaysia
before you reflash you need to make backup....i suggest you use default backup rather than backupmenu....backup all contents then reflash....since you wanna start from scratch then after reflash do restoration from your backup...exclude the application list (so HAM wont install app/program automatic on your device)

Ok...first thing that you really need to install is after reflash.....

1.rootsh or sudoer....

Then install....

2.Faster Applications Manager

since you have restore backup then you dont need to input manually all the repo in FAM or HAM anymore....

now we going to the main installation...you want CSSU on your device or not???
if you do then downloads the CSSU here then copy it to you device...open the files you have download using file manager & let HAM do the rest....
if you already know about CSSU (install it before) then you know what step you need to do next....

After installing CSSU then reboot your device....after reboot open FAM (faster applications manager),update all repo then installed....

3.filebox
4.kernel power 48
5.enhanced busybox
6.libqtm-11 & libqtm-12 (under categories/advanced)
7.mscp
8.CSSU features configuration
9.Theme customizer (do not install CSSU tuner)

number 6 & 7 is critical to install first if you want to install apps likes fMobi or Kaspovus later on.....
now the rest it up to you to install whatever apps/program you needed...remember to install what you really needed only...

those were my step right after i have flash my devices....now my device got no problem...no more white/black screen bug on fMobi & kaspovus and much more....

regarding about installation space it is all depends on how much you wanna install apps/program on your device....

Last edited by pusak gaoq; 2011-09-27 at 04:52.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pusak gaoq For This Useful Post:
Yh i normally export my contacts to the root of n900, then i copy the drive to my pc, then save what i need on my pc, then when i reflash i just transfer it back. Dont use the backup feature.

Cssu is great right? Cheers for your time and help

Dont you install the battery patches and stuff?

Originally Posted by vir3us View Post
Yh i normally export my contacts to the root of n900, then i copy the drive to my pc, then save what i need on my pc, then when i reflash i just transfer it back. Dont use the backup feature.

Cssu is great right? Cheers for your time and help

Dont you install the battery patches and stuff?
i use to install battery patches & speed patches on my device (before reflash) then i got some error on bash while opening x-term...also is not recommended to install these patches before you install CSSU cause you might got a problem along the way....

after reflash i didn't install these patches anymore cause my device seems better than before even without speed patches & battery patches....

yes...CSSU is great for our beloved devices...

The Following User Says Thank You to pusak gaoq For This Useful Post:
Posts: 397 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Melbourne, Australia
@pusak gaoq Your first post is fantastic, I'm seriously consider CSSU from a reflashed device, your notes will be of great assistance.

Originally Posted by travla View Post
@pusak gaoq Your first post is fantastic, I'm seriously consider CSSU from a reflashed device, your notes will be of great assistance.
thank you....
those step is best if you wanna try using CSSU from scratch....believe me if you done it right then you wont get any problem on your device later on....

it has been two weeks now since i have re-flash my device...it works much better than before....no random reboot,no black/white bug on fMobi & kaspovus,camera ui works perfectly,gps also working, no lagging & much more....

The Following User Says Thank You to pusak gaoq For This Useful Post:

Cheers Guys

Tags
spoon feed me