Originally Posted by rubdos View Post
I did a stupid thing... but now I have a smartphone, again!

Anyhow, putting in my headphones doesn't work, might still be a bug?

Otherwise the experience is very interesting. Will report on battery life, although I didn't put in a sim yet. Gotta get a nanosim first...

EDIT: battery life is incredible, and the headphones are hardware, not software related.

Can confirm that dual sim works perfectly too.
Battery life should be awesome considering the Moto Z Play has a 3510 ma/hr battery.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ka9yhd For This Useful Post:
With Android on my Moto Z Play I can hold the phone sideways and shake it twice to turn on the flashlight (torch) then shake it twice again to turn off the flashlight.
Is this a function of the phone and is supported in Android? Will this work with Sailfish? If not, then how easy or difficult would it be to add this function to Sailfish?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ka9yhd For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by ka9yhd View Post
With Android on my Moto Z Play I can hold the phone sideways and shake it twice to turn on the flashlight (torch) then shake it twice again to turn off the flashlight.
Is this a function of the phone and is supported in Android? Will this work with Sailfish? If not, then how easy or difficult would it be to add this function to Sailfish?
This is a Moto special feature an done in Software.
You can configure the gesture action in the Moto App or Settings. (sorry, no phone here to check).
As i am using the phone for photos mostly the "twist twice" gesture to start camera comes quite handy also.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
I have a bug, one that might be very expensive to debug! While on the Thalys, my playing music stutters as we go 300km/h...

It gets better when I'm actually doing something on the phone, but when I turn off the screen, it usually stutters. Only on the Thalys though, didn't experience it anywhere else -- yet.

Last edited by rubdos; 2017-09-20 at 09:06. Reason: elaborated a bit

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rubdos For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by rubdos View Post
I have a bug, one that might be very expensive to debug! While on the Thalys, my playing music stutters as we go 300km/h...

It gets better when I'm actually doing something on the phone, but when I turn off the screen, it usually stutters. Only on the Thalys though, didn't experience it anywhere else -- yet.
What's thalys, your network provider?

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
What's thalys, your network provider?
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Thalys

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
The other day I plugged in a USB cable to my Moto Z Play and the file manager on my desktop PC was blank. I am assuming the phone is encrypted.
If it is encrypted then how do I disable the encryption?
The phone came with Android 6 and with the updates now has Android 7.11

The Following User Says Thank You to ka9yhd For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Oct 2017 @ Leipzig Germany
Tried to flash the zip today, but twrp gives me an error message saying "this is for moto z play addison. Your phone is.. "
Well, I'm on addison with patched decrypted stock 7.1.1. and have no clue at the moment how to get further on without massive fiddling around

The Following User Says Thank You to hamudistan For This Useful Post:
I have a question:

Will this work with Moto Z (no play )?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Govi For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by Govi View Post
I have a question:

Will this work with Moto Z (no play )?
Not yet due to different SoC mainly.
But if you want (to) help go to freenode IRC #sailfish-porters.
Even if you do not know how to port yourself but are really desperate, it may be an option to offer SSH access to your location/device.
Maybe someone is looking for a fun hacking time

MisterMagister was quite verbose on moto porting ambitions, maybe ask him?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post: