Active Topics

Just a few minutes ago, i received a sms from nokia tips that there is a new software update available for my n900.

I installed PR 1.2 a few months ago and since then i get nokia tips. so i assume they know i have PR1.2 does this mean 1.3 is about to come.

Or has nokia gone mad and sending this to all PR1.2 users without any value....

i thinks its the last option... more and more i start to wonder what nokia is doing..

Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
I got it too, never bothered looking into the link. I presume it's for Symbian phones, which is a bit stupid.

Still, prompted me to unsubscribe from My Nokia, so, all good!

Well in the sms there is stated that there is a new software update for my Nokia n900 so i dont think they mean the symbian phones....

I think these nokia tips are useless anyway!

Posts: 203 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ St.Petersburg, Russia
I received it message after to go to http://store.ovi.com and sended SMS with app url

Originally Posted by sygys View Post
Just a few minutes ago, i received a sms from nokia tips that there is a new software update available for my n900.

I installed PR 1.2 a few months ago and since then i get nokia tips. so i assume they know i have PR1.2 does this mean 1.3 is about to come.

Or has nokia gone mad and sending this to all PR1.2 users without any value....

i thinks its the last option... more and more i start to wonder what nokia is doing..
Maybe it's the realease of OVI Suite 2.2.111?

Yesterday I got an update of my installed OVI Suite 2.1.
Unfortunaly I had some problem with my netbook before starting up the new OVI Suite. This evening I'll try it again.

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
they always send these SMS out a month or so after a updates released, i think they do it late so everyone is not rushing to update at the same time

I got the sms too in Denmark.

It is for the N900 prompting that 10.2010.19-1 is out.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by sygys View Post
so i assume they know i have PR1.2 does this mean 1.3 is about to come.
I receive My Nokia updates via email rather than SMS. At first glance, the email version of today's update could be taken to say that a new firmware update for the N900 is available. However, what the message really appears to promote is the downloading and installing of the latest Nokia Software Updater as a means of keeping up with firmware updates for the N900.

Since the email message was written in such a confusing manner, I can only imagine what Nokia did in the smaller space allowed by a SMS message. Regardless, today's My Nokia Tip appears to be: "Please fetch and install the latest Nokia Software Updater. Kthxbye!"

what we can say is: ( Hope t see new up-date)

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
got the first of these sms messages on may 27th - i guess that was 1 day after i upgraded to pr1.2. - today i received the second one.

the page it links to does not exist. those people at nokia are so.... would be against the forum rules anyway.