Active Topics

so i really want to get this phone and am looking at the cheapest and fastest option to get it to Australia.
the site isnt currently working for me, but i think you can get it from here for about 580 plus 40 shipping through a forwarder to australia. which seems to be about the best deal i can get. though i am unsure about their availability

http://www.shopblt.com/cgi-bin/shop/...er_id=!ORDERID!

can anyone tell me, if i order off this site, how long will it take to arrive, and are there any better deals/options for me?

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
I think any order now will take a while to reach the destination. Because it's Xmas in a few days then New year. With my guesstimate, you are looking for atleast until January to get your order. OH one more thing Paul, If you going to use a forwarder then you are also might expecting to get a Custom charges. But I have heard someone saying that the custom maximum allowance is $1000AUS dollars. So convert USA + shipping cost to AUS to see if its under $1000AUS if its still under the maximum allowance then you are sweet. Not sure though you may need to ask your CustomAUS

Otherwise the shipping process would take about 7days from your forwarder. 1-6days to forwarder, depending on the shipping speed you pick.

Mine went through customNZ just fine but mine was not going through the forwarder. So I'm guessing you would as well :-) goodluck mate!

Last edited by maxximuscool; 2009-12-21 at 04:12.

We got 4 sent over via this guy

We got him to get them via Amazon as that was the cheapest option at the time. (several months ago) I believe being based in NY, he gets slugged with some additional sales tax.

He is very good with warranties, which is fortunate as of the 4 units we got sent over, 1 had the dreaded reboot bug. (currently on its way back to amazon as we speak)

As for postage times, Id imagine if you ordered it today, you'd have it within a fortnight. Depending on availability at whatever online store you choose obviously.

Edit: Actually yeah I forgot about christmas looming... On second thoughts, dont expect it within a fortnight..

Last edited by elmato.au; 2009-12-21 at 04:22.

The Following User Says Thank You to elmato.au For This Useful Post:
Posts: 664 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Australia
It won't be not even AUD 750 and ya I've been hearing from the sellers from ebay that one doesn't have to pay tax for goods below AUD 1000, so I think its the best deal coz in ebay all are around AUD 900-1000 but the questions are:
1. Can I trust this site and in availability it says "On order" and following the link took me to this message: "The real-time inventory server did not respond. The server may be down for maintenance. This item was last known to be back-ordered, however this may not be accurate. Please contact us for availability or try your request again later. You may order this product, regardless of availability." It's making lots of "????" to pop up in my head.. coz once I've been f****d by such online buying and spend AUD500 for some chines n96 which didn't even cost 50 AUD.
2. Whats the warranty, coz in ebay one was saying that I can get 1 yr Aus warranty but has to be taken to their office in Aus not nokia care.
3. Will it work in Aus 3G?

If all are as expected and @paul: have you contacted them?, then I'm the next to get one from here..

EDIT: So, I guess it's trustworthy. @elmato.au: how did you make the order and how much did you pay that time and did you pay any taxes etc, does it work with 3G etc... and what was your final price??? Thanks

Last edited by jaeezzy; 2009-12-21 at 04:46.

Originally Posted by elmato.au View Post
We got 4 sent over via this guy

We got him to get them via Amazon as that was the cheapest option at the time. (several months ago) I believe being based in NY, he gets slugged with some additional sales tax.

He is very good with warranties, which is fortunate as of the 4 units we got sent over, 1 had the dreaded reboot bug. (currently on its way back to amazon as we speak)

As for postage times, Id imagine if you ordered it today, you'd have it within a fortnight. Depending on availability at whatever online store you choose obviously.

Edit: Actually yeah I forgot about christmas looming... On second thoughts, dont expect it within a fortnight..
so you just emailed him asking about amazon? how much did the shipping cost?

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
not sure about 3G in AUSIE aye. But i'm sure it will work with Vodafone. Duno whats Vodafone in Ausie lol

Posts: 7 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Melbourne, Australia
I can't talk about price, as I paid a fair bit for mine, to ensure that I would get it early and quickly. But I can say that it works fine with Australian 3G. As I am on a virgin plan and it connects fine.

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Sydney AU
I ordered my N900 from Mobicity who are based in Brisbane. Made the call Monday 14/12 and it landed in my hands 17/12, tracked all the way. It's isn't the cheapest option but you get an Aussie warranty which can be extended for 2 years at a reasonable rate. Best of all they were awesome to deal with. Highly recommended.

As of now Sydney time 4.30pm 21/12 they say they have stock in hand in their HK warehouse.

Btw, love the phone but be warned it takes patience straight out of the box. Will be amazing when sorted a bit more.

PS I'm with Vodafone and it works fine. Vodafone Compass and any games you've downloaded won't work and you get only limited access to Vodafone Live.

Last edited by sparkle58; 2009-12-21 at 05:35. Reason: Used with Vodafone

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Australia
Vodafone and Optus work in Australia with 3G and Telstra on the GSM network.
No idea about 3;

On Bonzas website he has his details to email him and ask.

wow, from Mobicity with shipping it will total about 915, whereas i can get it from BLT store for somewhere atound 700. i think fir the saving of $200 i would prefer to order elsewhere and wait longer.

thanks for the input though, i was unaware that you were able to purchase the N900 from an Australian site