Active Topics

Originally Posted by Wasmachinemann-NL View Post
TETSUOOO!

10char
How do You know "kummelit"?

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to catbus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,139 | Thanked: 8,156 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ From my Gabriola Island hermitage, near the Edge of the World
Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
It would deserve a movie if this would be a hoax. And a very deep hole for a hiding place. The amount of money put on this stuff. All the devices already manufactured people have seen. All the public showcases etc. and giving it to be tested and advertized. If you count the time spent on all this plus the costs I doubt that they would make such a big profit with the preorders that it would pay off.

Powerful is the imagination. Presuppotions are bad compasses for the mind. Stigma is easy to give, hard to take back. Sticks much longer on the one who have falsely stamp it on someone than the one stamped.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-08OyPwwFR8

Owner of :
1-n770 (in retirement), 3-n800's / 3-n810's (still in daily use), 5-n900's ((3 are flawless, 1 loose usb ( parts), 1 has no telephony (parts))
3-nexus 5's : 1 w/ Floko Pie 9.1 (running beautifully) waiting for Stable Droid 10 rom, 1 w/ ̶Ubuntu Touch, 1 with Maru OS (intend maemo leste when ready)

1/2 - neo900 pre- "purchased" in 2013. N̶o̶w̶ ̶A̶w̶a̶i̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶r̶e̶f̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶c̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶l̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶f̶e̶w̶ ̶y̶e̶a̶r̶s̶ - neo900 start up declared officially dead -
Lost invested funds.

PIMP MY N8X0 (Idiot's Guide and a video walkthrough)http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94294
THE LOST GRONMAYER CATALOGShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ight=gronmayer
N8X0 VIDEO ENCODING THE EASY WAYhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ght=mediacoder
242gb ON N800http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=90634
THE PAIN-FREE MAEMO DEVELOPMENT LIVE DISTRO-ISO FOR THE NOOB TO THE PROhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=95567
AFFORDABLE MASS PRODUCTION FOR MAEMO PARTShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=93325

Meateo balloons now available @ Dave999's Meateo Emporium

The Following User Says Thank You to endsormeans For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Shirabe View Post
It has now been 2 full days since the 29th of October, which they said would be the latest day they would ship to customers (not to fulfillment centers). They have also claimed since that they have shipped on the 29th. We also now know that this first batch (which is already a "relatively small proportion of all orders") only had a "very small quantity" of Asian shipments (compared to the total shipments), which wouldn't have another step in between and would be the only shipments that would have a shipment notification. Has anybody seen any shipping notification yet? Because I haven't. Wondering when that will change, I hope soon. This small amount of Asian shipments seems like a good excuse for why there are no shipment notifications in the wild, it's also deceptive and not really what they implied. The other shipments from this first batch would get their phones next week at the earliest. Anything after next week I'd consider mid November by the way, after the 10th.

There's also been another delay, in that "most of the pre-orders will be completed until the end of November." which used to be mid-November, and that "general availability" will be "in December" which used to be late November. So an average delay of 10 days depending on what you think is mid or late November. Of course, no official notification about this, in fact "Since the update above (Adrian's video of shipping on the 29th), the information hasn't changed."

EDIT: Most of this info is from Erik, who just said that he generally doesn't have more info than the publicly available info. So, we basically know nothing still aside from speculation.
Give it up for 3 full days since the 29th of October, which they said would be the latest day they would ship to customers (not to fulfilment centers). Erik has also stated since that he "has been told that customers from the 1st batch will soon receive a confirmation that stock has been assigned to their order.", which is contradictory to the statement that they've started shipping, but despite that they're still on track!

The Following User Says Thank You to Shirabe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 697 | Thanked: 1,980 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Lisbon - Portugal
Where is your christmas spirit? Give it a break and stop acting like babies. Have you guys ever tried to negotiate with Chinese government or customs?

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to deutch1976 For This Useful Post:
...and BTW... it is weekend...

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to catbus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by deutch1976 View Post
Where is your christmas spirit? Give it a break and stop acting like babies. Have you guys ever tried to negotiate with Chinese government or customs?
I've been giving it a break for 4 months, it's just that this particular tactic of saying you shipped something and then not shipping rubs me the wrong way since it's been used maliciously very recently. And yes, I have.

Originally Posted by catbus View Post
...and BTW... it is weekend...
Correct, which is the reason why I thought it was odd that Erik said he "expects it (a confirmation that stock has been assigned to their (1st batch) order) to be done by tomorrow.", which is today.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Shirabe For This Useful Post:
Reading the comments here and on the F(x)tec forum, I can only conclude that Chen, Brian & Co. are onto something.

Touch wood!
And for sure, touch Pro^1

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AardDevil For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by shaihkritzer View Post
something like breaking a promise again?
Definitely!

Seems that it's not that much waiting for 'deliverance' which stresses out folks, but the idea of yet another déjà pas(!) vu.

I've just put my mind to it not to bother about that anymore: it doesn't help.
Just like bothering about the frequency of your reactions.
I do appreciate the bottom line of them, though. For yes, promises get to be broken far too often.

Not something F(x)tec has a monopoly on, though ...

Last edited by AardDevil; 2019-11-02 at 16:51.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AardDevil For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Shirabe View Post
Give it up for 3 full days since the 29th of October, which they said would be the latest day they would ship to customers (not to fulfilment centers). Erik has also stated since that he "has been told that customers from the 1st batch will soon receive a confirmation that stock has been assigned to their order.", which is contradictory to the statement that they've started shipping, but despite that they're still on track!
It's another new day, so it's now been 4 full days since the 29th of October. It's now Sunday, and as most people expected nothing really happened yesterday. I wonder that if the shipment notifications of the first batch finally come out, if there will be any included for Asia, since those are the only ones that supposedly shipped directly to customers on the 29th. Or if there will only be EU/US ones to hide their lies.

The Following User Says Thank You to Shirabe For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by shaihkritzer View Post
why it reminds me Aliexpress so much?

I've ordered some cable management stuff there for lousy 2 bucks, they promised 38 days delivery. It's been 60 days already and wasn't delivered. when I open the dispute, they reply: "please wait 2 more days". I really wonder, what would some 2 days give in the scale of almost 2 times longer waiting...

but, I wasted 2 dollars and you preordered folks wasted 700. wonder why it's all the same regardless of the money wasted lol. guess, it's some Chinese tradition or something.
Have I missed something? Is this cancelled or what ?

The Following User Says Thank You to Heik For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit