Active Topics

Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Originally Posted by JulmaHerra View Post
There may be legal restrictions how you can use other manufacturers devices to promote your own. Also, doing it would send a message that you can install Sailfish OS on existing devices (which is partially true) and if it's reviewed like that, general public interprets it like supported way, which it is not. N9 and N950 were used as developer devices for Sailfish, but for legal reasons Jolla could not officially support Sailfish on those devices.
IIRC that was because they would have had to ship binary blobs of copyrighted software that belonged to Nokia and they didn't have a licence to do that. It wasn't because of trade dress restrictions.

It's not the case when they're bunging their software with libhybris over a Cyanogen/AOSP base.

(as an aside - Sony just released Marshmallow AOSP for the as yet to ship Z5 & Z5 compact. Now that would be a cool device to see with Sailfish)

Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Now, this is a nice lengthy and balanced review by Deborah Campbell for argyllfreepress.com

multitasking is smooth, there’s close to no lag at all when juggling between apps and it can handle most games (albeit limited to what the store has to offer).
The OS overall has a very stylish look that is at least up to par with the looks of iOS and Android’s Material Design.
Unless you’re an appholic and think you can live with some optimization issues here and there for the time being, the Jolla Tablet is worth a try.

Last edited by mosen; 2015-10-13 at 15:23.

Got my Tablet today

Unfortunately I have problems with the battery, it charges to 100% but when I disconnect the charger it says immediately 49%. Battery resistance test fails also

Anyone with similar Problems?

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by MrBlueSky View Post
Got my Tablet today

Unfortunately I have problems with the battery, it charges to 100% but when I disconnect the charger it says immediately 49%. Battery resistance test fails also

Anyone with similar Problems?
This is why you should include charger

Im sorry to hear that.

try another charger/Usb cable source?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by hhbbap View Post
What about sftp and gpodder?
gPodder has been there from the beginning as a Python-only app that runs on any architecture. gPodder is not missing on the tablet.

And sftp/scp is available on the command line.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by skanky View Post
Basic qemu doesn't need gtk3 support. I use qemu on my desktop and don't have gtk3 installed. It was probably some management application that needs it.
The requirement is in the qemu-system-i386 binary from the openSUSE repos.

Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
The requirement is in the qemu-system-i386 binary from the openSUSE repos.
Aint needed.
I build qemu for Sailfish, works good (but og course, slow)

Originally Posted by aegis View Post
IIRC that was because they would have had to ship binary blobs of copyrighted software that belonged to Nokia and they didn't have a licence to do that. It wasn't because of trade dress restrictions.

It's not the case when they're bunging their software with libhybris over a Cyanogen/AOSP base.
If they need to bundle binary blobs needed for the HW to work, they would need to license that also. It has been restrictive even with Jolla phone (hence, no flashable images).

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Belgium
Made an unboxing video :P ( self promotion hehe )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7iQz77aLaY

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by TomJac View Post
Made an unboxing video :P ( self promotion hehe )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7iQz77aLaY
You are a rock! Thank you.

Edit: man, that background sound. I can't really handle that in my ears. Just want to turn it off. Love the video, though.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2015-10-13 at 19:10.

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund