Notices

Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
What usually happens to me when submitting new stuff to extras:
I hit the promote -button in the package testing page, but I can't add the goddamn screenshot before the autobuilder / whatsoever decides to push / move the package to extras. And that thing won't happen rightaway, it can take from 10-60 minutes and I usually don't have time to wait and refresh the downloads -page just to see when I will be able to attach the screenshot. I leave the computer or browse to another website and... well.. I forget the whole screenshot thing.

So my propose would be: please maemo.org admins; make it possible to uplaod screenshots to packages that are in extras-testing. That way they will be added to those packages more likely and those screenies would ofcourse move automaticly to the extras / downloads -page among the package itself. It would also help out testers; they could see what the app / theme looks like without instlaling it when it's in testing repository.

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to d-iivil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
Looks like same guy made all three comments within 24 hours of promoting the themes, I someone times don't get the screenshot up for a day or so also due to having time and not being able to post SS until after its in extras. Also this guy makes me want to remove the SS from my themes just to piss him off, people work hard to put out free themes and he has to take the time to download it to see what it looks like. Those are the people I don't want using my themes, in fact I would like to ask that guy to please delete any of my themes he might be using. This is why so many of the Maemo Theme Makers stop making themes.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to andrewfblack For This Useful Post:
Such attitude stopped my plans for uploading anything. It would be easy to install the themes, take some screenshots and offer help. OK this would be work and no fun like a thread about missing screenshots. "Guilty for not making your stuff good enough".

Originally Posted by sethkha View Post
Such attitude stopped my plans for uploading anything. It would be easy to install the themes, take some screenshots and offer help. OK this would be work and no fun like a thread about missing screenshots. "Guilty for not making your stuff good enough".
we're all very saddened by the loss of the half-assed packages you can't be bothered to upload, I'm sure

sure i got your point, and as I don't have the ... to have a war right now the only thing I'd like to say: This will lead nowhere. You wont get any answer from me anymore. I just replied to let you now i have heard it