Posts: 433 | Thanked: 727 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Costa Blanca, Espaņa
As usual, I've been tinkering, this time with the Weather app (sailfish-weather). I wanted to see the weather description as well as high and low temperatures on the lockscreen, this I have achieved, it isn't pretty (yet) but it works. I did this by copying /usr/lib/qt5/aml/Sailfish/Weather/WeatherBanner.qml to /usr/share/lipstick-jolla-home-qt5/lockscreen/* and then editing that file to get what I wanted.

I also would like to see wind speed and wind direction on the lockscreen, but for some reason I cannot get this to display/show. I thought I'd be able to achieve this in the same or similar fashion to getting temperature, weather image and weather description to show, but it seems I am wrong.

There is a file called /usr/lib/qt5/qml/Sailfish/Weather/WeatherDetailsHeader.qml which contains the models for windspeed and wind direction, I copied this to the lockscreen folder and have edited it until the cows came home....but I cannot get windspeed/direction to display. Obviously there are other files pertaining to wind speed and direction; Model.qml and Model.js.....I tried copying these files to lockscreen, but again, no amount of 'fiddling' helped.

The second image is of course a mock-up of what i'd like to see.

Any ideas guys?
Attached Images

Last edited by Markkyboy; 2018-03-12 at 23:40.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Markkyboy For This Useful Post:
Tried copying that file, but nothing shows up on lock screen ?
SFOS-x 2.1.4

The Following User Says Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
Tried copying that file, but nothing shows up on lock screen ?
SFOS-x 2.1.4
With WeatherBanner.qml entered into the lockscreen folder, you need to make an entry in Clock.qml;

Code:
WeatherBanner {
    id: weatherBanner
}

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Markkyboy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,552 | Thanked: 3,108 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Russia, 96
Huh, you can explore my analog clock patch

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ancelad For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Ancelad View Post
I wasn't aware that your patch shows windspeed/direction, I'll check it out.....I assume you mean lockscreen weather patch, not clock?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Markkyboy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,552 | Thanked: 3,108 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Russia, 96
Clock from pm2 web-catalog. It doesn't show things you want, but probably will help.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ancelad For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Ancelad View Post
I.e. this one: "Lockscreen Analog Clock"

Originally Posted by Markkyboy View Post
I wasn't aware that your patch shows windspeed/direction, I'll check it out.....
It has the ability to display the weather forecast on the lockscreen (for Meecast); for "Jolla / Foreca Weather", you also need to install and apply "Jolla-Weather additional patch for Lockscreen Analog Clock".

@Markkyboy, except for some details (e.g. windspeed and its direction), IMHO it basically does what you want, already. I considered suggesting yesterday (but then refrained from doing so), that you may contribute to "Lockscreen Analog Clock". I am definitely willing to test any outcome of this with Meecast (instead of "Jolla / Foreca Weather").

Cheers & happy coding

The Following User Says Thank You to olf For This Useful Post:
Posts: 187 | Thanked: 162 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Sunny Woollahra
Is this editable such that I can change it to show dawn & dusk (in place of windspeed / direction)?

Originally Posted by olf View Post
I.e. this one: "Lockscreen Analog Clock"

It has the ability to display the weather forecast on the lockscreen (for Meecast); for "Jolla / Foreca Weather", you also need to install and apply "Jolla-Weather additional patch for Lockscreen Analog Clock".

@Markkyboy, except for some details (e.g. windspeed and its direction), IMHO it basically does what you want, already. I considered suggesting yesterday (but then refrained from doing so), that you may contribute to "Lockscreen Analog Clock". I am definitely willing to test any outcome of this with Meecast (instead of "Jolla / Foreca Weather").

Cheers & happy coding

The Following User Says Thank You to rfa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Off-topic, but just out of curiosity, why would people insist on top-posting like e.g. rfa in post #8 above?

It's annoying enough in emails I have to deal with every day at work but there I can at least accept people being clueless/careless/lazy (delete as appropriate) and just typing wherever Holy Microsoft has put the cursor. But to reply to a TMO post and still top post means going out of one's way to do it on purpose, since TMO is civil enough to place your cursor below the quoted text where it belongs.

I am not asking people to change their ways, that would be too much to ask. Just a simple rationale would do. As I say, out of curiosity.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 187 | Thanked: 162 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Sunny Woollahra
If you're referring to my placement of text in relation to a question it's because I have a question about something detailed in the text.

I don't put it after the quote as you would need to re-read the quote.

Is this what you mean? I'm sorry if I've broken any rules

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rfa For This Useful Post: