Active Topics

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
OK I just received the nifty little folding BT keyboard from DealExtreme, because my Dell Stowaway had a bunch of dead keys. It works well, although it needs the scripts, for sure. Now I've got a working keyboard and mouse, I'll get back to work on these scripts.

Sorry I've been so neglectful of this thread.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
New version makes a new icon for the "watcher".

So the procedure now is:
1. Pair your devices with the N900 via the Bluetooth menu.
2. Use the "BT HID Connect" icon to connect your devices properly (this will make the BT logo stay blue, the mouse and keyboard will work, incompletely)
3. Make sure your devices are disconnected, then start the "BT HID Watcher" icon to auto-configure your N900 when the devices connect.
4. Turn on your device, press a key or whatever you need to do, and then watch for the yellow banner on the N900 saying that you're connected. The mouse pointer should become visible for a mouse, and the keyboard should have numbers and special characters properly mapped.

Note that you may need to open the N900 keyboard and press a key to get the external keyboard working properly.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Posts: 561 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Spain
I have a bluetooth mouse "Trust" model "ComfortLine Bluetooth Mini Mouse" is detected but not working properly. Only occasionally the mouse pointer reacts to mouse movement. I tried to change the accuracy of performance but no appreciable difference.

Anybody can help me?

Mouse Link
http://www.trust.com/products/product.aspx?artnr=16341

hi the microb browser still cant support bluetooth mouse?

Originally Posted by liamlain View Post
hi the microb browser still cant support bluetooth mouse?
Read known issues here: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=734576&postcount=1

thanks heaps man! works great with a shortcut on the desktop ready to go, no type'n just press and switch on mouse and/or keyboard. love your work!!! cheers

The Following User Says Thank You to smoss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ north carolina USA
I just received my freedom pro keyboard today. Your new version got me setup quickly and seems to be working well. Great work and thanks!

Qole,

On my Dell OEM Bluetooth Keyboard, I was never able to get numbers working. The setkbdmap command was simply being ignored. After many experiments I finally got a line that does work. I plugged it into your connection manager script and now it works automagically. THis is the line that my keyboard needed:

setxkbmap -device $EXTKBDID -I -I/usr/share/X11/xkb-chinook -rules $KBDRULES -model $KBDMODEL -layout $KBDLAYOUT -print|xkbcomp -i 4 - $DISPLAY

piping through xkbcomp was the only thing that worked for me. Oddly enough, it works without having to hit a key on the internal keyboard first.

As far as autostart, it looks like you tried the same init.d style script that blueklase did, but your's isnt running and his does. Anyway to fix that so that your script will autorun at boot without launching the watcher? His script doesnt handle the mouse, so I'd prefer to wait for your's.

Thanks, and I hope this helps some of the others that have had zero luck getting numbers going.

The Following User Says Thank You to Nokia349 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 49 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Oulu, Finland
Originally Posted by Nokia349 View Post
As far as autostart, it looks like you tried the same init.d style script that blueklase did, but your's isnt running and his does. Anyway to fix that so that your script will autorun at boot without launching the watcher? His script doesnt handle the mouse, so I'd prefer to wait for your's.
In fact I'm not starting blueklase using init.d style. I have added bluetooth-keyboard file to /etc/event.d which is below

Code:
#startup script for /etc/event.d

start on started hildon-desktop
stop on starting shutdown

script
	exec run-standalone.sh su user -c "exec /usr/bin/BlueKlase &"
end script

The Following User Says Thank You to jakoleh For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jakoleh View Post
In fact I'm not starting blueklase using init.d style. I have added bluetooth-keyboard file to /etc/event.d which is below

Code:
#startup script for /etc/event.d

start on started hildon-desktop
stop on starting shutdown

script
	exec run-standalone.sh su user -c "exec /usr/bin/BlueKlase &"
end script
Awesome, thanks. I was going off of outdated info then. I will try adding that code and launching qole's connection manager with it. Great to be this close to a full solution after so long. Thanks for everyone's help!

Ohh, one thing, is there any way to get the shift key to work normally? Right now if I hold down Shift and hit a key, I still get lower case. I have to tap and release Shift and then hit a key to get caps or a symbol. Any idea on what causes that?

Thanks again!

Last edited by Nokia349; 2010-09-01 at 20:51. Reason: typo

Tags
bluetooth, keyboard, mouse, package