fbreader (epud reader)
kodi (media player)
hashdroid (md5 generator)
truecrypt (container encryption)
Truecrypt you find here
https://build.merproject.org/package...uecrypt?rev=43

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
While I wholeheartedly agree that integration is the way to go, instead of apps, I don't think such requests belong to this thread (there are already some on the list and I don't think they belong there either).

In my opinion (correct me if I'm wrong), this thread should provide a source of inspiration to anyone with some developing skills. Proposals for changes in SailfishOS cannot be picked by anyone to implement (except for the Browser, Document viewer etc., but it's not that easy either), so these proposals belong to TJC.

Just my 2c.
Adding my cents:
"Anyone with some developing skills" can also use the skills on contributing to open source parts of Sailfish. E.g. instant messaging stuff is all open source except the QML. If the community fixes the middleware parts, I'm quite sure Jolla will find the time to fix the QML to utilize the upgraded middleware.

This is also the approach I've chosen my self. Though Telepathy on Sailfish might deserve a thread of its own and thus should not be discussed here.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TemeV For This Useful Post:
Firefox / Vidalia TOR / Box.com / Pocket / FBReader / Telegram / Spotify / Freeletics

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to beobachter For This Useful Post:
Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Originally Posted by youmeego View Post
A RSS reader that load full content of news. Have not seen one in Jolla store and openrepos
TTRSS does this though you do need your own TinyTinyRSS server to connect to.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aegis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 559 | Thanked: 1,017 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Finland
I would like something that converts the "partner space" to a "widget space". So that you could use in Jolla tablet the "third screen" as a place for widgets.

I miss widgets from my N900

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to OVK For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by OVK View Post
I would like something that converts the "partner space" to a "widget space". So that you could use in Jolla tablet the "third screen" as a place for widgets.

I miss widgets from my N900
And aslo an option to hide that partner space. So only two-page home screen views

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to youmeego For This Useful Post:
Posts: 738 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Berlin
Shazam, SoundHound like apps

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cvp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
While I wholeheartedly agree that integration is the way to go, instead of apps, I don't think such requests belong to this thread (there are already some on the list and I don't think they belong there either).

In my opinion (correct me if I'm wrong), this thread should provide a source of inspiration to anyone with some developing skills. Proposals for changes in SailfishOS cannot be picked by anyone to implement (except for the Browser, Document viewer etc., but it's not that easy either), so these proposals belong to TJC.

Just my 2c.
Agree but, on the other hand, I would like to remind eager developers that some basic Nokia classics like SIP should better be integrated, so instead developing something stand alone, they may join the waiting crowd and express impatience towards Jolla to offer the missing bits to connect already available SIP framework to accounts and to telephone UI.

Example of best of both worlds is the CSipSimple application on Android, you have an option to integrate or use as standalone. How great is that?

Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
Truecrypt you find here
https://build.merproject.org/package...uecrypt?rev=43
Could somebody explain why to bother with Truecrypt since it has been "compromised" about year ago?

There is another Scandinavian company we might write asking them to also develop their software for Sailfish: http://www.jetico.com/

I use their Personal Firewall to make sure Windows 7 / 8 behaves.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post: