Notices

When you consider how dead easy it is to capture a .swf file from Windows and execute it directly within the 770 browser, it is a pity that actual gaming performance is poor. I wonder whether this is due to slow 770 processor or slow flash plugin. Oddly, the initial welcome screen of most flash games seems to be fairly quick, but the gaming experience itself moves with glacial pace.
Perhaps gameplay is deliverably slowed down in order not to be too fast on you standard Win or Mac machine? Does anybody have a view on that?

The Following User Says Thank You to jj_ib For This Useful Post:
I wonder whether this is due to slow 770 processor or slow flash plugin.
Neither. It is because the flash game itself is designed for faster hardware. If one were to design a flash game to run quickly on the Nokia 770, then I imagine that it would run just fine.

Perhaps gameplay is deliverably slowed down in order not to be too fast on you standard Win or Mac machine?
Deliberately. No.

Most flash games are very slow on my Duron 800MHz with 382Mo of Ram.

Modern AJAX and flash websites are just not designed for less than 1GHz computer. And that's sad...

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 737 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Helsinki
flash performance on the 2006 is much better than on the old os. thus it may be that at least some of the games you are trying to play may be playable enough.

I guess the upside is that with real slow flash gameplay, I might finally get a pacman hi-score.

Flash movies, IIRC, have a certain FPS set in them. This is regardless of whether or not they're games or movies.

This makes all sorts of timing trivial, as you know in advance the number of frames per second. This is why flash movies will run uniformly on any computer, well, assuming the computer is fast enough to render the requested number of frames per second...

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ UK
All the ones I've seen, however, have it set to 1000 fps (which mean my video encoder has to guess at it).

Very annoying.

jj_ib -

Lol, that's a great way to look at it

There are a few flash games designed to run on the PSP, I would think they would be able to run fine on the nokia 770

http://boards.ign.com/psp_lobby/b7205/119996216/p1/ <-- this has some links to some PSP flash games