Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by tommo View Post
Let’s have a sweepstake, I’m going for March 2018.
I would say the week before February 16th, 2018 (Chinese New Year for 2018).

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Just signed on as a late backer of this. I hope it isn't too much of a gamble. After finally getting an official build of Jolla on Sailfish X I really want a SailfishOS tablet bad.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to trashHeap For This Useful Post:
Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
About time we had another IGG update - hopefully it won't be a "sorry we can't get it to you in time for christmas" message, but I fear that's what is on the way

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Feathers McGraw For This Useful Post:
I think that it was always going to be difficult to get a small production run like this done during the pre-Christmas rush. I'm just speculating now, but I guess that the big guys will be done with their orders well before Christmas (they need to be sure that stock is available for pre-Christmas orders and get things like publicity and promotional material sorted out). There may be a dip in demand for production during December that would allow the tablet to be produced, as long as all the components have been delivered. Otherwise, delivery will probably be sometime in January at the earliest.

If they do get a December slot for production but can't ship in good time for Christmas, I hope that they will wait until January before shipping. Shipping just before Christmas is a bad idea: a lot of packages will get lost, or be returned by the shipping company as undeliverable (some only hold packages for a week if there is no-one to take delivery, and many people may be away on holiday at this time).

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pacman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 248 | Thanked: 1,142 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Earth
Hello Chen :

Any unpdate of the project ?
(stalled? cancelled? just waiting? slowly getting produced ?)

Any more pics ?

Thank you.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to DrYak For This Useful Post:
Sometimes silence speaks louder than words…

Edit:
Ah, updates via IGG comments: Probably no delivery this year anymore, problems with PCB delivery and memory prices. But at least SoC got delivered.

Last edited by schmittlauch; 2017-12-07 at 22:10. Reason: updates regarding the topic

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to schmittlauch For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ka9yhd View Post
I spoke with Chen and there is a national holiday in China until October 8th. So we should see some update after October 8th.
Ka9yhd,

You previously wrote that you talked to Chen, so I assume you have his phone number. Would it be possible for you to try to contact him and get his view on what is going on with the Youyota tablet? (I can see he has not answered the last few questions raised here in Maemo)

I'm one of the backers. I'm asking because I find the information given by Michael on IGG insufficient, vague and often inconsistent:

1) Money:
The initial target was $50,000.
Before the deadline more than $150,000 was raised, and since then more has been paid in, so I guess well over 4 times the minimum target. And still we are hearing that it is much to low quantities. How could it then ever have been imagined to realize the project with $50,000??

2) Information and timing:
Before the deadline in July it was clear that more than 3 times the minimum was paid in.
August 15th, we were informed that the money was released from IGG, and quote: "The components are on the way and we will be delivered shortly".
September 22nd, we were told that only in the beginning of September the suppliers were contacted to order 1000 units, witch was not enough. So what happened to the components that was already on the way on the way August 15th?
September 22nd we were told that now 3000 units would be ordered.
December 7th we are told that there is a problem with the price for memory, so apparently this has not even been ordered yet – what has happened all these months from August 15th where "components were on the way" and again September 22nd were "components for 3000 units would be ordered".

I fully understand that there can be problems and delays in a project like this. In fact I would be surprised if there were not, so this is not the issue. But that is no excuse for given little/no, vague and inconsistent information.

If you can - please help and ask Chen if he can provide some facts on the status of this project.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to zeus For This Useful Post:
I have a bad feeling about this

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to tortoisedoc For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by tortoisedoc View Post
I have a bad feeling about this
Don't feel bad, have some christmas spirit

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
I do not have Chen's phone number. I sent him a private message.

And in the past Chen has said it is best to contact Michael for any updates. And Chen has posted Michael's email address in this discussion.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ka9yhd For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla tablet, sailfish os