Notices

Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
I had thought this an interesting gadget especially when skiing or cycling where rain was possible. Is there still the 8 hour battery issue though for the liveview?
I could probably print a pretty burley watch case for the liveview.
I would be great to get output from eCoach or HXMTracker and use it as a bicycle computer, I could also make a printable design for that application.

Last edited by biketool; 2013-10-12 at 18:52.

Apologies for the lack of updates.

My n900 has had all kind of problems during and after the summer. Now my spare device is close to up and running and I will soon continue with the liveview project.

Nice to see some interest in this thread.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to proprog For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by proprog View Post
Apologies for the lack of updates.

My n900 has had all kind of problems during and after the summer. Now my spare device is close to up and running and I will soon continue with the liveview project.

Nice to see some interest in this thread.

It's nice to read that you are planning to work again on that stuff. It could become a really nice extension for our beloved N900.

I hope you would implement a phonebook(just like for android) and take care of the error management of the current script because now any error can stop the communication between phone and device and you have to kill and then restart the LiveViewServer.

Could you imagine if it could manage any maemo notification in a customizable way?

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Germany, Berlin
Last night we had end of DST for this year here in Germany.
LiveView itself isn't aware of that, but after restarting device and reconnect to LiveViewServer.py it still gets pushed DTS time.
Printing out time.daylight in python still gives 1 today.

I had to change line 302 in LiveViewServer.py from
Code:
clientSocket.send(LiveViewMessages.EncodeGetTimeResponse(int(time.mktime(time.gmtime()) - (time.daylight * time.altzone) - time.timezone), is24HourClock))
to
Code:
clientSocket.send(LiveViewMessages.EncodeGetTimeResponse(int(time.mktime(time.localtime()) - time.timezone), is24HourClock))
Then time gets set correctly after restart LiveView device and reconnect to LiveViewServer.py .

@xes: I noticed that one of my LiveView devices has issues with its on/off switch. It doesn't pop out fully after pressing (sometimes). This leads into strange behavior when connecting and pairing (it switches off before finishing paring process).

The Following User Says Thank You to Ulle For This Useful Post:
Hihi,

I personalize the "liveview" python script and i do not arrive to add icon in the watch.

Can you help me??

I found

clientSocket.send(LiveViewMessages.EncodeSetMenuSi ze(5))

to
clientSocket.send(LiveViewMessages.EncodeSetMenuSi ze(6))

to simple lol

The Following User Says Thank You to pakistador For This Useful Post:
I've finally done some changes to liveview for n900:

- added battery status
- fixed bug with play, next and prev hanging the watch
- added media player volume up/down when pressing up/down in both main menu and media view
- changed left button to play/pause in media view and long press to get back to main menu
- fixed bug with watch getting stuck in sms and call menu when opening sms or call on device
- changed the main menu order to make it easier to check calls and sms

I also changed the time according to ulle's suggestion but strangely enough it doesn't work for me. It's one hour wrong and I'm not sure if it's my n900 or something else. I'll look into that.

All in all it should be a bit more stable now.

The update, now with the icons needed, is available at https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...7/liveview.zip

Otherwise the same instructions as before applies.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to proprog For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by proprog View Post
I've finally done some changes to liveview for n900:

- added battery status
- fixed bug with play, next and prev hanging the watch
- added media player volume up/down when pressing up/down in both main menu and media view
- changed left button to play/pause in media view and long press to get back to main menu
- fixed bug with watch getting stuck in sms and call menu when opening sms or call on device
- changed the main menu order to make it easier to check calls and sms

I also changed the time according to ulle's suggestion but strangely enough it doesn't work for me. It's one hour wrong and I'm not sure if it's my n900 or something else. I'll look into that.

All in all it should be a bit more stable now.

The update, now with the icons needed, is available at https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...7/liveview.zip

Otherwise the same instructions as before applies.
Hi and thank you very much for your update!
A few days ago, while searching for a way to add new functions, i found somoeone else that starting from your work added a few things:

https://gitorious.org/tui/tui/source...0ea6b:liveview

Could you look at it to check if there is something interesting?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xes For This Useful Post:
Posts: 46 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Germany, Berlin
Hi proprog, thats good news, thanks for your update!

Back in March, when we had this year spring clock changing, I already realized that my line of code was not working correctly.
This one is better:
Code:
clientSocket.send(LiveViewMessages.EncodeGetTimeResponse(int(time.mktime(time.localtime()) - (time.altzone * time.localtime().tm_isdst) ), is24HourClock))
Cheers,
Ulle

The Following User Says Thank You to Ulle For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
can you please upload it to the extras repositories?

Tags
fremantle, liveview